Allen County Talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjarmstr

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help in programing my Por-96? I have it programed the way it was downloaded from Radio Shack. I want to make sure I have all the Allen County talk groups and the Hoosier Safe-T stuff. I have the program but I am unsure how to program the talk groups and Safe-T. Please give any help or advice that you may think is useful.
Thank you in advance.

MARTFLYR

there are 2 safet sites one listed for fort wayne another listed under allencounty public safety this is where ft wayne allen co fwfd acfd should be heard. traa ambulance and etc.

bjarmstr

I am in the Northeast side of Fort Wayne.

I can find the freq. and talkgroups on here I just am not sure if they are in the scanner and how to put them there.

mak260

PRO-96 Programming Help for Fort Wayne area

I'd be more than happy to help you with your PRO-96. Do you have the programming cable for it? If you do, it would make programming much easier. I have the software, but not the cable. Radio Shack sells two types of cables. One is a 9-pin serial cable, the other is the newer USB cable. I have the catalog numbers if you want them. The USB version costs around $25.00. The serial port cable is harder to find, but you can sometimes find them online. If you don't have the cable yet and you want to obtain one, make sure that it is compatible with the PRO-96. There are cables out there by third-party companies that claim to be PRO-96 compatible, but they can actually damage your scanner, your computer or both. And If you'd rather not have it programmed by computer, I can always program it by hand.

I just got done helping a neighbor program their new PRO-2096. They had it "programmed" by Radio Shack at the store. If that's the only program you have in your scanner, you're going to be missing ALOT of calls. They really don't have the talkgroups that I have, and very few conventional frequencies.

Anyway, send me a private message if you're interested. I have worked with both the city and the county fire and EMS departments, and I'm very familiar with their radio systems, frequencies and talkgroups. I have a degree in communication electronics and I'm currently studying for my amateur radio license. Someone once helped me out by showing me how to program my first trunking scanner, so I'd be happy to help someone else and return the favor.

Take care,
mak260
"Mark"

Last edited:

hcsd35-32

MARTFLYR said:
there are 2 safet sites one listed for fort wayne another listed under allencounty public safety this is where ft wayne allen co fwfd acfd should be heard. traa ambulance and etc.
That is not entirely correct. There are two 800MHz systems in Allen county. One is SAFE-T the other is Allen County/City of Fort Wayne combined system. You will hear all of the local agencies on the Allen County System, You will hear ISP and some surrounding counties that use it on SAFE-T.

schnit

I use Win96 programming software and also have the cable. If you need help programming your pro-96, PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.