Allentown P25 cc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loureedisdead

JimBobTerp

One group of talk groups u will never here is PD even though they are on system but U can’t monitor with any radio yet

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So Allentown P25 is what is built out by Harris which means that you will need to program in all the frequencies you see up there (857.9375 etc) as all have the capability to be control channels at some point.

Loureedisdead

So Allentown P25 is what is built out by Harris which means that you will need to program in all the frequencies you see up there (857.9375 etc) as all have the capability to be control channels at some point.
Thanks for the info, any instructions on how to do such would be greatly appreciated

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, a little off subject but I'm hoping to get a little help verifying a system in Allentown. If anyone is in the area I'd greatly appreciate your help. The system I'm looking to verify is below. You need to program in all the freqs as the control channel usually changes daily. Also, you may not hear anything, as some of the fed prisons have switched to P25. In which case we need to find the new system. Please DM me for more info or if you find anything or post on the other thread for the prison searches. And thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The Federal Penitentiary is in Lewisburg PA and the Federal Prison Farm (think white collar crime) is in Allenwood, PA. Both are about 2 hours west of Allentown, PA.

Sorry my mistake reading the location you are at, thanks for clarifying that

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Starting to think the APD is encrypted, I see the calls show up but don't hear anything when they do
Encryption is noted for Allentown PD in the database where encircled below. If it didn't say so, then any time you see Mode "TE" or "DE", uppercase 'E" here indicates full time encryption. If it were a lowercase "e" this would indicate partial encryption (often enabled on demand). Hope this helps

Last edited:

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
With the system ID being 00A, I'm tempted to say this is a Harris system, in which case, any of the listed frequencies can be used as a control channel and the others in the pool will be used as voice channels. You'll need to place all control channels in your scanner or radio so that I can switch automatically to the one in use.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it is a Harris system. Looking for the bandplan being broadcast by the control channel.

I'm assuming it is 851.000 FDMA in slot 1 and 851.000 TDMA in slot 9, but I am not close enough to confirm and Harris seems to do what they please as far as bandplan so I hate to assume.

With the system ID being 00A, I'm tempted to say this is a Harris system, in which case, any of the listed frequencies can be used as a control channel and the others in the pool will be used as voice channels. You'll need to place all control channels in your scanner or radio so that I can switch automatically to the one in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.