Allentown PA FIRE AND POLICE DOWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendly

Are the Allentown PA FIRE AND POLICE live feed off or down?

Did they cut off their LIVE FEED or is it down there hasn't been anything for more then 16 hours maybe 24 on the Fire live feed.

Friendly

The FEED has been OFF LINE FOR two days now

The FEED has been OFF LINE FOR two days now for the city police and a second one for the city fire department.

I paid a year subscription to be able to hear these two, we HAVE SO MUCH CRIME IN OUR CITY AND NEIGHBORHOOD we were told by a police captain, "ALLENTOWN HAS MORE CRIME AND CRIMINALS THEN COPS.

If we can not keep up with the calls I paid for nothing it has been at least 2 maybe 3 days nothing.

Friendly

Listen

Feed

Genre

Listeners

Player Selection

Links

Status

Allentown Fire and EMS

Broadcasting Allentown Fire-EMS Communications.

Status: I will be away on vacation until the 16th. I will have limited internet access,I will have access to email via my mobile phone but will not be able to physically fix any scanner feed issues that may occur.

Public Safety

Windows Media Player Real Player iTunes Winamp Web Player Java Web Player

Allentown Police

Broadcasting Allentown police. Will occasionally include public works.

Status: I will be away on vacation until the 16th. I will have limited internet access,I will have access to email via my mobile phone but will not be able to physically fix any scanner feed issues that may occur.

Public Safety

Windows Media Player Real Player iTunes Winamp Web Player Java Web Player

jasonk

Feed Provider
You can listen to any Feed without paying anything .....Feeds are provided by US volunteers .....Maybe you could buy a scanner and feed some audio .......Contact the Feed provider with complaints ....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The FEED has been OFF LINE FOR two days now for the city police and a second one for the city fire department.

I paid a year subscription to be able to hear these two, we HAVE SO MUCH CRIME IN OUR CITY AND NEIGHBORHOOD we were told by a police captain, "ALLENTOWN HAS MORE CRIME AND CRIMINALS THEN COPS.

If we can not keep up with the calls I paid for nothing it has been at least 2 maybe 3 days nothing.

These FEEDS are provided by VOLUNTEERS. They owe you NO explanation as to WHY they are OFFLINE.

Your PAID SUBSCRIPTION has NOTHING to do with the FEEDS. You can LISTEN to the FEEDS for FREE.

Next time do some RESEARCH before paying for a SUBSCRIPTION, instead of CRYING about it HERE.

Seriously, your posts are out of line. You clearly don't know how the live feeds work, so get your facts straight before ranting. Go buy your own scanner if you're that concerned with crime in your neighborhood.

Or better yet, go buy a gun. :roll:

Friendly

I apologize I was not aware of this, I will be more careful and ask questions first.

Again I apologize to you and any other volunteers. I am still a little unhappy with being broken into AGAIN. We did everything the police told us to for security and the thugs still smashed a steel security door with bars and double keyed lock.

We found out the police had to put together a waiting list now according to the crime, we waited an hour and 20 minutes.

I went to the OPEN house of the New Police Station and it sounded like we would be living in Mayberry with Sheriff Taylor and Aunt B.

Instead after having an alarm installed the thugs stole off our back porch and avoided the alarm and this was two weeks after the first break in.

ALLENTOWN IS A LANDFILL OF THUGS AND GANGS, good only for nothing.

Friendly

I was wrong to complain again I apologize. Do you folks have any idea why the ALLENTOWN POLICE AND FIRE feeds would all be down for so long? I am new to this and I was wrong now I am asking because I can not get an answer from anyone else.

We haven't moved yet because we have no mortgage I lost my job three years ago. My wife has a job and medical to keep us going.

To get an extension for several weeks on my Unemployment I had to go for two jobs a week, there are NO two jobs a week for a 60 year old man to go for. They want younger people.

On the News tonight 57,000 families lost their homes in Nevada this month and several other states have had huge increases. So we stay.

ibagli

It's impossible to know unless and until the feed provider volunteers that information.

Friendly

Thank you, I will try to behave myself. It has been off for a few hours from time to time but never for days.

The Sheriffs feed and EMS seems to be operating just fine but it does not carry all the calls for crime coverage.

ibagli

The feed provider is away on vacation, so solutions to any issues that came up would have to be delayed until his or her return. (The status says that the provider will be returning today, so hopefully it won't be long.)

From my experience as a feed provider, it could have been any number of things. I've had internet issues, power issues, and computer issues bring down my feed while I've been away, and none of them were able to be fixed remotely.

Edit: The fire/EMS feed just came online, actually.

Friendly

I really appreciate all of you being so nice to the OLD MAN I will be more feeder friendly in the future.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Friendly

When the police came both times they apologized because of the length of time it took them to get here.

After listening to the feeds for a few weeks we are clearly aware of what the police was telling us is true.

PPL had a contractor down here for weeks putting new power lines in. They observed individuals using drugs and having sex. I said I can call the police however by the time some one is free to come those committing the crimes are gone now. We have a new Police Station at 10 and Hamilton, the next week a man was stabbed on the same corner as the Police station, then a business was broken into at 1033 Hamilton and the Officers were able to walk to the break in.

In the last few years Allentown has had a large migration of people from NY, NJ and PR. I attended a POLICE ACADEMY FOR CITIZENS COURSE. It was set up by the State Police, local Police departments the DAs for two counties and others. It was once a week for 6-8 weeks I believe.

They now have a multi county Gang Task Force in cooperation with State and Federal Agencies. Allentown has become along with Bethlehem a part of a territorial gang fight for control of drugs and the transport to larger cities.

They have a Task Force set up for stolen cars as well. It was really some course, gangs, drugs, stolen cars and parts are all connected to the huge migration of thugs from NY, NJ and PR. Most of the crimes are directly linked to these arrivals and gangs.

I was volunteering at our local elementary school in the 1st and 2nd grades. The Gang Task Force Director illustrated some of the hand signals. He said the gangs are recruiting kids for the gangs like the Boy Scouts had Cub Scouts. We had children in the Second Grade using some of the hand signals he illustrated. He told the teachers that this has to be reported and kept under observation. They were to try to find out who and how they were learning the signals. In some children it is a game and they have no idea what they are getting into.

The Director of the STOLEN cars and parts Task Force told us how they watched a Van coming down from Reading once a month. He said it usually held 4 or 5 males who filled the van with stolen parts, then once they each came back to the parking spaces behind the Wm Allen Stadium with a complete car. When they stopped the gang it had the van filled with 4 stolen cars lined up to drive back to Reading.

If you can get into the course at the Lehigh Co. Center it is very informative and you find out just how serious crime is spreading to any major Pennsylvania city now. In the Western Part of PA a lot of crime and criminals are moving in from Baltimore. Plus all the cities have the same problem a shortage of funds to hire more police.

Some of you must hear the Dispatcher telling responding officers they will send back up and soon as another officer is free. Sometime that ask is anyone free to back up Officer so and so at whatever. Sending police out on some of these calls is dangerous but we don't have enough police.

I wrote the Governors Office about using the PA National Guard to help with walking patrols or car mates with police. The Governors' Office said they are looking at this the stumbling point is the mayor has to request the National Guard. If a mayor requests them he is admitting his city has a real problem and none of the mayors are willing to do that at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.