Allentown (Project 25) Fire Talkgroup ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

knsjulian

Feed Provider
So I am little confused about the Allentown P25 fire talkgroup ID's. On the radio reference database it list the following talkgroup ID's.....

201 - AFD Ops 1
202 - AFD Ops 2
243 - AFD Dispatch

I saw on another post that is locked so I can't reply that someone posted talkgroup ID's they have programmed in their scanner for AFD and they have additional ID's. They have the following programmed in their scanner....

201 - AFD Dispatch
202 - AFD Dispatch 2
241 - AFD Central Station
242 - AFD Fearless Station
243 - AFD East Side Station
244 - AFD Hibernia Station
245 - AFD West End Station
246 - AFD Mack South Station

As you can see there is a conflict between the talkgroup ID's in the radio reference database and what the person has programmed in. Out of curiosity, I did program in the remaining talkgroup ID's that don't conflict with the radio reference database and when they dispatched Engine 9 from central fire station I did hear the dispatch come across the (241 - Central Fire Station talkgroup ID).

So I am guessing one of the talkgroup ID's is AFD Dispatch citywide and then they have talkgroup ID's for each station and if that's the case I am missing the talkgroup ID for AFD East Side Station because the talkgroup listed above for it conflicts with the radio reference database.

Does anyone have any insight on this or know about the additional talkgroup ID's. I just recently got a P25 capable scanner so I am new listening to this new system.

Also talkgroup 301 is listed as Allentown EMS Tac but I am hearing dispatching on this talkgroup for EMS.

I will send a message to my co worker to works for the above agency and see what i can find out for you. I usually monitor the EMS side of things on their analog frequency. Maybe you might know this. There is the PD interop for APD on there that is simulcasted to the p25 system like ems is. Is that just for other agencies or is the actual PD TG?

knsjulian

Feed Provider
I will send a message to my co worker to works for the above agency and see what i can find out for you. I usually monitor the EMS side of things on their analog frequency. Maybe you might know this. There is the PD interop for APD on there that is simulcasted to the p25 system like ems is. Is that just for other agencies or is the actual PD TG?

Unsure, all police talkgroup IDs are encrypted so you can't hear APD anymore.

knsjulian

Feed Provider
Update: My girlfriend's dad had his scanner at my house that only has the 243 - AFD Dispatch talkgroup ID programmed in and he was missing AFD dispatches I was receiving on the other talkgroup IDs.

Also the 301 - EMS Tac is the only ems talkgroup ID I have heard transmissions on. They are dispatching on this talkgroup ID and all communication seems to be on it. The talkgroup ID listed for EMS dispatch, I have not heard any activity.

Also today I heard transmissions on talkgroup 462 but it was brief and I was unable to make out who it could of been.

knsjulian

Feed Provider
So I was able to confirm what I suspected thanks to Newsworking.

The following are the talkgroup IDs for Allentown fire.

201 - AFD Fire Ops 1
202 - AFD Fire Ops 2
241 - AFD Central Station Dispatch
242 - AFD Hibernia Station Dispatch
243 - AFD East Side Station Dispatch
244 - AFD Fearless Station Dispatch
245 - AFD West End Station Dispatch
246 - AFD Mack South Station Dispatch

I will be submitting the changes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.