Allina EMS Dispatch Soft Patch Radio ID Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Allina patches some of their talkgroups during the day to consolidate multiple channels during off peak hours (keep this thought in mind as i will come back to it later).

Allina EMS Dispatch has 7 radio consoles from what i can tell.

Dispatch Radios have the following radio ID's -
1061xx
1062xx
1063xx
1064xx
1065xx
1066xx
1067xx

The suffixes are consistent in that New River EMS dispatch always has a radio ID of xxxx25 (so 106125 or 106525 are always New River EMS), Lakeview EMS is always xxxx17, Allina North ALS is always 98, ADC is always xxxx89, E Tac 1 is always xxxx80 and so on and so on.

When i was refining some of my data in trunker i noticed that one of the dispatch terminals (1064xx) had their South ALS TG being used on both 106496 and 106497. South ALS is usually xxxx97 and xxxx96 is typically Wright County Dispatch. xxxx95 is typically Northfield EMS Dispatch, but in this particular data set, 106495 is listed as Wright Co Dispatch.

Could this error in that data be the fact that OEC programmed their dispatch terminals incorrectly, or would the TG usage be mixed up when Wright, South ALS and Northfield are all patched together, which is not unheard of?

State Patrol follows a similar pattern with their dispatch terminals, but i dont see any of these anomalies nor do i see any of these anomalies with any other allina dispatch terminals...

stmills

I have found the same thing with other department dispatch consoles I have mapped out and I think it is related to the set up of a patch. From what I have been able to figure out on patching is- a radio on the system will get traffic on TG A or TG B but a scanner will only get it on the single path that is being used- TG A and TG B are not both actually active on to separate pathway but are only one pathway and radios are directed by the controller to the correct patch group. So if a Dispatcher Patches TG A into TG B scanners and unitrunker will only see traffic on TG B and vis versa- this is my understanding on how consoles show out of order tgs. I recall looking at a Scott county console number and it should have been PTAC 1 but was listing as MSP West, a future review showed it as PTAC 1

mmtstc

Ø
what other centers follow this dispatch terminal setup? so far ive found Hennepin tower, MnDOT, State Patrol. u of mn, allina and i think one other...

It seems like PSAPs that have migrated more recently are doing it differently in that some radios are used on multiple TG's... Ive seen this with Sherburne Co...

stmills

Anoka, Carver and Dakota all seem to follow the same as Allina where the last 2 digests represent the tg and the, Scott co seems to be set up so that 00-07 are 1 tg, 10-17 tg 2, etc but it still marchs out in an orderly fashion.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.