Allison Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ind224

462.300 seems to have an annoying pulsing buzz. 450-460 seems to have it. I hope this is Superbowl related and it goes away when everyone leaves.

K9WG

If you are receiving it on all frequencies from 450 to 460 I would suspect some local interference like a leaky CATV or your Internet router. Super Bowl communications would not cause such a wide band of buzzing interference.

W9NES

It depends on your location. If you are downtown in the RF zone you will get this on ALL freqs. When you get north of downtown on I-65 from the downtown area your interference will not be there.

K9WG

It depends on your location. If you are downtown in the RF zone you will get this on ALL freqs. When you get north of downtown on I-65 from the downtown area your interference will not be there.
That's interesting. When I am downtown I don't get interference on 450 to 460. I've been at New Jersey and Michigan, North and New Jersey, Washington and Illinois, Circle Centre....... Nope, only an occasional bit of interference on some frequencies but not on the entire band of 450 - 460... or 432 - 512.:confused:

W9NES

I am hearning the noise now on 462.300.Sounds like GM Security has gone Motorola Digital. This is the same sound that I am hearing now for St.Vincent's Hospital at 2001 West 86Th Street.for Security/Special Deputies for the hospital.This is very strong signal on the NW side of Indianapolis on my Bearcat 895XLT in the Communications Center.

W9NES

Go up to Methodist Hospital at I-65 and 21Street. The RF zone is becuase of all the *Intermod* from all the transmitters being used in the downtown area.The RF Zone starts at Methodist and extends down to the south split on I-65 and I -70. I have a two way radio in my car and when I am in front of Methodist on one frequency I get 5-6 other frequencies just on one frequency.Also on the West side of Indianapolis if you will go east of I-465 on Washington Street to McClure Street. My Two way radio gets the front end overloaded by Yellow Cab that is on 152.390 with 24/7/365 Data streams from Yellow Cabs MDT's being in their taxicabs.After I get north of 465 and Washington Street the *Overload stops* Downtown and the westside are spots where the *RF zone* has been for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.