Alll band antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Ground Plane photo - Dick Harris photos at pbase.com I just got done making-installing Homemade Antenna-all band. I used LMR 400 cable, 1 bnc male at 1 end a uhf end-female to male. The antenna base is an old cb mount-not too good at tech specs in some areas. The antenna its self is a vhf like on fire trucks. I chopped it in half, installed on mount, used a curved piped holder, 8 inch 3/4 steel pipe to run through and screwed everything in place and a pure miracle. Mine looks soething like this pic. I did put 4 copper arms on it-1 in each corner. Straight-no curves. It points down like a skyband. Fortunately my friend sold me alot of bnc T's elbow bnc male that is 1/2 inch wide with no screw threads. 1 inch smooth tube to male bnc. I took off the black coating of cable-left the insulated part which went into the bnc, for now-taped the bnc in place. It took 3 hours and 0 $$$. Unless you count the power bill of a drill in action for 2 minutes.LOL..Wish I took pics. This 1 will do. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.