Allow unknown talk groups while using P25RX with Bluetooth speaker only

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcman67

Radio and electronics enthusiast since the ‘70’s
Premium Subscriber
Hi Todd,

I was wondering if it might be possible to turn on/off “allow unknown talk groups” through a button press or perhaps through the upcoming display module? The reason I request this is because I primarily only monitor the local police/sheriff and fire on the statewide P25 system, however there are times I’m mobile with the P25RX using only a Bluetooth speaker and no computer and I’d like to “open things up” by listening to the other talk groups on that same control channel which are all regional in my area. Perhaps press the button 5 times to temporarily toggle on/off the allow unknown talk groups?

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
I'll work on adding support for this as well as the TG skip in the next "testing" release. I'm thinking something like the attached image.

Attachments

• button_cfg.png
    button_cfg.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 56

pcman67

Premium Subscriber
I looked at that screenshot of the proposed option and that would be perfect!!! Thank you!! That would be so useful when I’m out hiking or biking with the P25RX and don’t have a computer to configure it.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
I looked at that screenshot of the proposed option and that would be perfect!!! Thank you!! That would be so useful when I’m out hiking or biking with the P25RX and don’t have a computer to configure it.
Where do you want to listen too I will see if I can program it

epersson

Feed Provider
I'll work on adding support for this as well as the TG skip in the next "testing" release. I'm thinking something like the attached image.
I Iike the idea a lot, groups here use regular Tac for training and ties up the air.. but one request, don't make it persistent through a power cycle so you reset the blocked TD without a computer.,

btt

Banned
Banned

Version 2021-03-17_1109 testing version ready. This version has the button configuration implemented.

btt

Banned
Banned
Version 2021-03-17_1109 had an issue that caused the firmware update to get in a loop. Version 2021-03-17_1649 is available with that issue fixed.

pcman67

Premium Subscriber
Version 2021-03-17_1109 testing version ready. This version has the button configuration implemented.

Thank you for your work on this requested feature! I will check out the latest version this evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.