Allstar: A Show of Hands...

w2xq

Mentor
I should have done this long before November 2022. For Allstar, I added a ClearNode Node-Ventures – Small footprint. Long reach. to the rumpus room. T'is a marvelous device, and Gerry Filby is a pleasure to deal with.

The AllStarLink.org website is probably the best starting point if

I have been having fun bouncing around the world, either talking to friends or listening to nets. And there is a net for those interested in or owning a ClearNode on Monday 2200 ET. Join node 51018 or listen on Broadcastify or with the Police Scanner app to W6EK 145.3000 MHz Sierra Foothills ARC Repeater. NN6H, Tom, is net control and very helpful.

How about a show of hands? Who else is on Allstar?

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I have a simplex node at home and I have the ClearNode for when I am traveling.

k9wkj

all 7 of our club machines are AllStar, we have our own "intranet" with WIFI links of up to 30 miles
my repeater and a node or 2 and a slug of simplex nodes around the area

Last edited:

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
If you want a fun net, every Wednesday at 2000H PT, 0400H UTC we have the "anti-net" on Node 51094. It is lots of fun!

Regards,

-Frank C.

w2xq

Mentor
If you want a fun net, every Wednesday at 2000H PT, 0400H UTC we have the "anti-net" on Node 51094. It is lots of fun.
Frank I think people can also listen on Broadcastify's
FreeSTAR International. I was listening last Wednesday, but the hour was late and I was sleepy...

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I should have done this long before November 2022. For Allstar, I added a ClearNode Node-Ventures – Small footprint. Long reach. to the rumpus room. T'is a marvelous device, and Gerry Filby is a pleasure to deal with.

The AllStarLink.org website is probably the best starting point if

I have been having fun bouncing around the world, either talking to friends or listening to nets. And there is a net for those interested in or owning a ClearNode on Monday 2200 ET. Join node 51018 or listen on Broadcastify or with the Police Scanner app to W6EK 145.3000 MHz Sierra Foothills ARC Repeater. NN6H, Tom, is net control and very helpful.

How about a show of hands? Who else is on Allstar?
The Allstar node 51018 is linked via my clearnode to TGIF DMR talkgroup 1034 for the nets.

I have two other nodes.

528620 is linked full time to the scanner junkies talkgroup 1033 on the TGIF network

528621 is also for my personal use.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Frank I think people can also listen on Broadcastify's
FreeSTAR International. I was listening last Wednesday, but the hour was late and I was sleepy...

The anti-net is streamed via YouTube at Northwest Ham Shack and across AllStar 51094, DMR, several repeaters in the Sacramento/SF Bay and more. Always 2000H PT/0400H UTC (0300H UTC during the summer).

Regards,

-Frank C.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
The Allstar node 51018 is linked via my clearnode to TGIF DMR talkgroup 1034 for the nets.

I have two other nodes.

528620 is linked full time to the scanner junkies talkgroup 1033 on the TGIF network

528621 is also for my personal use.

Node 528620 also has a broadcastify feed and echolink connection.

w2xq

Mentor
I don't know the analog Allstar thread was moved from "general discussion" to "digital" but I deliberately made the decision to not create the thread here. <sigh>

Last edited:

KF6DGN

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the Clear Node, I’ve heard nothing except positives. I also discovered Repeater Radio, app on Apple that gets into All Star. Unfortunately it’s not available on Android.

Attachments

• 5F007DD2-ED56-4816-9227-1C388F0DDF5A.jpeg
    5F007DD2-ED56-4816-9227-1C388F0DDF5A.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 5

w2xq

Mentor
all 7 of our club machines are AllStar, we have our own "intranet" with WIFI links of up to 30 miles
my repeater and a node or 2 and a slug of simplex nodes around the area
Wayne, I tried connecting to 47269, but I keep getting disconnected. 😞

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't know the analog Allstar thread was moved from "general discussion" to "digital" but I deliberately made the decision to not create the thread here. <sigh>
Quoting the description of this forum: "Discuss use of digital voice technologies on the amateur radio bands. This is to include technologies such as VoIP, P25, DMR/TRBO, NXDN, D-STAR, etc."

Allstar is VoIP.

k9wkj

Wayne, I tried connecting to 47269, but I keep getting disconnected. 😞
sorry about that, my home repeater doesnt allow incoming connections as I use it to manage our repeaters, so it is hooked to strategic points within our network that give me the best continuous picture of activity. being a sysadmin (both repeaters and our data network) has its drawbacks

w2xq

Mentor
sorry about that, my home repeater doesnt allow incoming connections as I use it to manage our repeaters, so it is hooked to strategic points within our
OK, understood. NP. A local friend either owns or manages ~10 repeaters around NJ and ePA. It is easier just to let him call in here...