AllStar node not connecting with other nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharvey2

I've recently put together an AllStar node using a Raspberry Pi 2 with HamVoip distro, a DMK-URI and a Baofeng UV-82 (for now) My node shows up at the Allstarlink as being connects (7-8 days now) and I think I'm communicating between the radio and the Raspberry Pi. I receive an audio announcement of the time at the top of the hour (on my HT that I use to in conjunction with my node radio) and when I enter DTMF commands get a courtesy tone back from the node. (If I disconnect the UV-82 from the Pi, no courtesy tone) I also see the transmit light illuminate on the URI. However even though I enter a node number via a DTMF command (e.g. *73 2560 for WIN System) I also can't get it to announce the time ( *81 command) Thinking I had a port forwarding issue, I placed the Raspberry Pi's static IP address into a DMZ via my router but still no go. I've also tried using two different HTs to communicate with my node radio suspecting a DTMF accuracy problem. If I issue a *70 DTMF command, I do get a CW ID return. Any suggestions?

bharvey2

As it's assigned as a DMZ computer on my router, all of the ports should be open. Or do I need to open that port on the Pi? As I read it, the Pi's firewall is disabled by default. Is that incorrect?

bharvey2

This is a setup behind a home router. (An ASUS AC router, don't remember the specific model) When I activated the DMZ and placed the RPi in it, I received a warning that it was unprotected. There was certainly no mention of a perimeter vs. internal firewall. I suppose I can still add the firewall rules to open port 4569 but I think I'm getting at least some traffic because the Allstarlink website shows my node as active and I'm getting voice announcements of the time at the top of the hour. Since RPi doesn't have a real time clock, it must be getting the time from somewhere.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Maybe time announcements are from distro UDP need to open are no audio will pass to you from the server you are connected to yes Hamvoip firewall by default is disabled but you need to check your router and check your UDP ......

bharvey2

I'll open open up the ports on the router and see if I make any progress. Thanks for the help.

bharvey2

Although I know my node radio is hearing the DTMF commands, I don't know for sure whether the RPi is hearing and decoding them properly. That's one item I'll need to confirm. If I'm getting proper decodes, it's pretty likely that I have an issue with blocked ports.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Although I know my node radio is hearing the DTMF commands, I don't know for sure whether the RPi is hearing and decoding them properly. That's one item I'll need to confirm. If I'm getting proper decodes, it's pretty likely that I have an issue with blocked ports.
Yeah I know it can really rack your brain its most just a process of elimination the port thing is a real pain......

Status
Not open for further replies.