Allstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very familiar with echo link and IRLP but I am not familiar with all star can someone go over it? What is needed? Do you need a radio? What are the options it has? Ect. What about other VioP's

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am very familiar with echo link and IRLP but I am not familiar with all star can someone go over it? What is needed? Do you need a radio? What are the options it has? Ect. What about other VioP's

Just another way to get further away from radio.......
Not important.

n9zas

rico47635

If you are familiar with Echolink and IRLP then you are familiar with Allstar. It's just another radio/VOIP program.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Put Echolink on your smart phones and talk to each other from across the country!

Mike

Project23D

Allstar Link

First. Thanks to those who destroyed this guy's enthusiasm.

Second. Allstar Link is not just another RoIP. Evidently folks have heard the name and nothing else about it. Allstar Link has a lot more functionality than IRLP and EchoLink.

One of the great features of it is that because there's a computer or micronode to connect to the internet, there is already a repeater controller. No need to go out and buy one. Matter fact, the functions of the asterisk based repeater controller is considerably more then commercially bought units. Also it's free. It can also be completely customised to what the repeater's owner wants. Not what the commercial producers want you to have.

I personally like the fact that I can connect to a node via my VoIP PBX and either monitor a favourite repeater or conference, and that I also do not have to be within RF range of the repeater to do my trustee duties.

What is required?

1. a radio of you choosing, Just about anyone you want to use that a radio interface cable can be built.
2. a computer which can be just about anyone from the last 10 years.
3. internet connection

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ

Status
Not open for further replies.