ALMR Sites 1.47 & 1.49

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

Hello, due to covid I got a lot of time to do random things. So I've been working on a map of ALMR sites and sites 1.47 and 1.49 have the same freqs and marked as the same locations and possibly the same licenses. Does anyone know if the location is wrong or if it is just 1 site and listed twice?

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Hey, so I actually verified both of those sites by being in the area, and they are indeed two different sites - 47 is in Wasilla, and 49 is on the Richardson Hwy between Glennallen and Valdez. A lot of sites on this system are licensed on the same license, even if they are in different parts of the state. Only a certain number of frequency sets are licensed, so you will definitely see repeating frequencies in different parts of the state - which is fine, because due to the distance they dont interfere with each other.

ltginrage

Would you happen to have the coordinates/location for either of the sites? Both sites are listed in the database as the same location (61.44506 -145.19514). It'd be beneficial to submit them to get the locations updated to avoid further confusiuon.

Last edited:

ltginrage

Ok, Thanks. If you would like here's the link to view the map. Its not done yet but I should have it done within the next few days and possibly have a few more systems on it (most likely North Slope P25 & North Slope Motorola. If theres any other systems that I could add let me know here.).

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Was that your submission that changed site 47 to name "Wasilla"? The actual site name is really Alcantra, this is per ALMR system documents. As you're going through these, the majority of sites on this list have been verified through decoding software by myself and checked against publicly available documents. Are you physically in Alaska?

ltginrage

I apoligize. I didn't mean to submit that name change part I was only gonna do the cordinates. I will submit to get it changed back. (Guess I was half-asleep when I submitted it lol)

Are you physically in Alaska?
I wish.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
No worries, I know youre trying to help. Maybe it may be good to call it Alcantra (Wasilla) for common place name?

ltginrage

I can label it that on the map but I think itd be better to stick to that name if its in state documents.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Greetings from the lower 48 or so

Coming to AK- Fairbanks, Anchorage, Denali for 2 weeks in june
Using TX-1, SDS100, icom 2/440 , which systems, agencies would make for interesting listening?
what do you recommend to bring or not besides long sleeves insulated boots

Status
Not open for further replies.