ALMR System - Removal of Military Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Just so no one gets confused and should happen to resubmit them, we should list them here. =p

AlaskaRadar

Just to keep from causing problems (or getting into trouble) the removal of the military TGs are no longer able to be discussed publically either correct? I read your disclaimer and may have missed some info. Thanks for the clarification in advance, and THANK YOU for such a useful site.

Radar

kikito

Premium Subscriber
AlaskaRadar said:
Just to keep from causing problems (or getting into trouble) the removal of the military TGs are no longer able to be discussed publically either correct? I read your disclaimer and may have missed some info. Thanks for the clarification in advance, and THANK YOU for such a useful site.

Radar

I'll be interested in Lindsay's answer on this but.....

Unless someone is employed and/or specifically instructed by their employer i.e. DoD, not to disclose certain information, then I think everybody else and discussions of the subject should be fair game around here.

For years there's been many other websites, forums and groups that are specifically geared towards the discussion of military and federal communications and even with the details they sometimes disclose there, they're still around and as far as I know, no harm done either.

I know things have "changed" in the past few years but it seems to me that more and more people and entities are using the "Homeland Security" pretext mixed with a healthy dose of terrorism paranoia to justify over-ridding the First Amendment among other things.

Where do we draw the line between defending our country/resources and infringing on our own rights/freedoms, therefore effectively defeating the purpose that prompted all of this?

I will personally comply and adhere to any stipulations, laws or decisions regarding this issue but at least not without some protest! ;)

Just my 2 cents....

mikey60

Lindsey,

Nowhere in your policy does it state that the information will be removed immediatly. This is obviously your call, but in future instances, maybe you might consider a 24 hour notice before removing the information...

This is just a thought and suggestion,

Mike

meharpe

Premium Subscriber
Don't censor your site...

If you obtained that information legally then you have the right to post it. Censoring your site is a real dis-service to the users of this site.

Nowhere in that letter does she say that information is classified. If they don't want it out then they should classify it and secure it properly.

Mike Harpe

wboyd

removing any frequincy military or not

Pardon my getting bent out of shape, but just because congress set an illeagle president by passing the cell phone block does'nt mean any body with a star on there collar can boss us civilian population around. Please reply to the gentleman and tell him where to put his threatening letter. We really need to try and keep this country as free as possible for as long as possible.
Bill Boyd

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Here is a tip for you all:

Anytime something is removed from the RRDB in real-time, search and see if Google has cached the information.

After you find what you are looking for, if you are using Internet Explorer, go to File > Save As and save a copy of the information for your records.

Removing information as requested by cry baby system administrators (some, if not all, who only owe thier jobs/positions to affirmative action policies) helps keeps the *entire* website from a potential shutdown. And that is a good thing. ;)

HTH's

mikepdx

Perhaps Lindsay's ALMR deletion message SHOULD be added as a news item
to the news section in the center of this website's home page as a reminder to
ALL USERS of this website, that information for their state, county, city, region
could be "cleansed" for our collective safety at any time without prior notice.

I should like to read the comments from users WORLDWIDE as to the existing policy.
(Hopefully RadioReference.com's HDDs would have ample space for the comments).

Obviously, material posted which is proven to be gathered from an illegal source
(i.e. stolen or classified documents) must be removed, however information
gleaned from merely monitoring and reporting is most certainly fair game.
Information posted that is not illegal, but only ruffles (even alot of) feathers,
will not legally justify a website being "shutdown".

Presumably current policy puts the Military Monitoring Forum's mere existence in jeopardy,
AND any other Forum in which one dares to mention anything about a US Federal
radio system (??)

As a side-note: I learned along time ago to copy, paste and save ALL material of which
I now have an interest, or that I may even remotely be interested in, in the future.

What's here or there right now, may not necessarily
be there tomorrow (or even an hour later).

Michael KC7UPW
Corbett, OR
Columbia River Gorge
(a frequent visitor to the 49th state - scanner in tow)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.