• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Alpha 4 plus??

Alpha 4 plus message, heard briefly on 311.00. I know it's a primary freq. , but wasn't sure what the short message meant. I just have never heard it before. This was over central Iowa at 830UTC.

Thanks for the quick reply, never even dawned on me it was his call sign. I hear E4 and E6 all the time here, but just the digital streams on 383.5500. Never heard actual voice , thanks again!

Hooligan

Premium Subscriber
Usually their front-end callsigns have two numeric characters ("ALVA 41") and the battlestaff callwords don't (which is why they're technically callwords, not callsigns), so based on the little info you shared, I don't think it is correct to assume that "Alpha Four" was actually callsign "ALVA 4." Let's just hope "Alpha 4" wasn't their maintenance status (cuz it'd basically mean they crashed & burned).