Alpha pagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have the frequency for the alpha pagers for Sussex county? I didn't see it in the database.

nojoy

For which provider? There are a couple in Sussex County - I know that Redi-call used to be in the database, but am not sure if it is still there and USA mobility is 929.6125 .... that now has me thinking, is there a way to decode the messages so that I can get rid of my pager if I know the group pins.......

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
There is a software package called PDW that I used to set up a PC based backup alerting system for a previous job. (We had county EMS paging and yes, I had a pager on the system) A scanner with a Dtap and a decent computer with a soundcard is what you need. However, the "radio police" here at RR will be happy to tell you that decoding POCSAG or FLEX is illegal. Decode at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone.

saber2k5

The statement concerning the legality of monitoring THIS system is not true. Although it is generaaly illegal to monitor a private paging carrier, this system is operated as a public safety system; so this rules does not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.