alpha tags -how do i get them up with my feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
How is your scanner connect to the PC? What software are you using to stream?

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
is there not one person on this site that can help me with putting up alpha tags i can not do it if some one can not help

keith69,

Check out the Live Audio Section at the wiki:

Live Audio - The RadioReference Wiki

This should help you out. In essence, you need to download the free ScannerCast software to push alpha tags to the RR servers. let me know if you have further questions.

longreach

Feed Provider
hi all, just further to this, do you need additional software to get the tags to work. im thinking of running a PSR500 and running tag's? will scannercast run the usb adapter as well? the computer its going to run on has no win500 or the GRE software?
cheers

PeterGV

K1PGV
Nothing additional needed: Just plug in your scanner, start ScannerCast, select the right settings, and you're sending audio with tags.

In most cases, it's that easy...

Peter
K1PGV

ve2nwb

tags on bc780xlt

I'm running a bc780xlt with usb/ db9 adapter on com 3 and ScannerCast... my tags aren't working

What am i missing ???

when i log in ... statis is ok....but as soon as i broadcast, i get ``not communicating with scanner``

longreach

Feed Provider
HI all, ive finally got around to getting the new computer in place.. ive done all the nessessary stuff to get scannercast to work and is working well. only problem is when i try my stream using winamp im not recieving the tags. looking at scannercast though it says its sending them and the USB s/c LED's are blinking away. im wondering if i need to do anymore to make it work. it says its sending on the diagnostic screen.
cheers all
Matt

longreach

Feed Provider
hi all, just further to this ive gone to the K1PGV version of scanner cast with the icecast tag, on recommendation from a mate. ive tried to experement with baud speeds with no luck. has anyone got any clues to the problem, the program is saying there being sent??
cheers all
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.