Alpha Tags not showing up

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
I am running a uniden sds 200, proscan radio feed with broadcastify and i cannot get my alpha tags to show up. I clicked the box in broadcastify feed options to broadcast alpha tags but nothing showing up. Is there something else I need to add?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am running a uniden sds 200, proscan radio feed with broadcastify and i cannot get my alpha tags to show up.
Where are you looking? Do you see the tags in the Source Client tab to the right of the Metadata Source button?

I clicked the box in broadcastify feed options to broadcast alpha tags but nothing showing up. Is there something else I need to add?
I believe that option is just for letting the listeners know that there's alpha tags available.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
Where are you looking? Do you see the tags in the Source Client tab to the right of the Metadata Source button?

I believe that option is just for letting the listeners know that there's alpha tags available.
It does not display alpha tags in the source client tab. It just shows scanning.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
Click the Metadata Source button. Put the format specifiers such as %C in the Custom Format box.
I put %C - %FT - %TG in the format box and im still not getting the tags to show up on scanner radio app

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I put %C - %FT - %TG in the format box and im still not getting the tags to show up on scanner radio app
Do you see the tags in the Source Client tab to the right of the Metadata Source button now?
That indicates they are leaving ProScan?

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
Do you see the tags in the Source Client tab to the right of the Metadata Source button now?
That indicates they are leaving ProScan?
nothing coming across source client tab in metadata

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-25 144504.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 144504.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 22

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
nothing coming across source client tab in metadata
Good screenshot. You're using RadioFeed. Your 1st post mentioned ProScan.
The communications needs to be setup. I see the port is set to None. Are you using the LAN or serial port?

Do you already have the audio setup and are you using the LAN audio or an audio cable connected to a sound card?

If you're using the LAN audio then only one app can use the LAN audio at a time.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
Good screenshot. You're using RadioFeed. Your 1st post mentioned ProScan.
The communications needs to be setup. I see the port is set to None. Are you using the LAN or serial port?

Do you already have the audio setup and are you using the LAN audio or an audio cable connected to a sound card?
micro usb from scanner to pc

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
micro usb from scanner to pc
The serial port method allows only one app to open the serial port. I see in your screenshot, ProScan text tags so I take it that ProScan is using the serial port so RadioFeed can't access the serial port.
Can you use ProScan for streaming since that seems to be communicating with the scanner or do you want RadioFeed too?

{edit} Good that the URL is setup and RadioFeed can communicate.
seems to be showing up since i changed it from none to url
What about the audio. Are you using the LAN audio or an audio cable?
Are you going to stay with RadioFeed for the streaming? ProScan does the same thing and may reduce the complexity of the setup.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
The serial port method allows only one app to open the serial port. I see in your screenshot, ProScan text tags so I take it that ProScan is using the serial port so RadioFeed can't access the serial port.
Can you use ProScan for streaming since that seems to be communicating with the scanner or do you want RadioFeed too?

{edit} Good that the URL is setup and RadioFeed can communicate.

What about the audio. Are you using the LAN audio or an audio cable?
Are you going to stay with RadioFeed for the streaming? ProScan does the same thing and may reduce the complexity of the setu
i have lan for audio, i do not have an audio cable going from scanner. i thought radio feed was a part of proscan?! i thought proscan is for remote controlling scanner