Alpha Tags TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhowelljr

Feed Broadcaster
Feed Provider
can anyone point me in the right direction on what cable or connection i need to broadcast alpha tags with my TRX-2 i replaced my pro197 which was very easy to connect for feeding alpha tags but i am lost on this TRX-2, thanks in advance

Regards,

John

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
can anyone point me in the right direction on what cable or connection i need to broadcast alpha tags with my TRX-2 i replaced my pro197 which was very easy to connect for feeding alpha tags but i am lost on this TRX-2, thanks in advance

I'm assuming on a feed? WS1080 works for me on Radio Feed

jhowelljr

Feed Broadcaster
Feed Provider
I'm assuming on a feed? WS1080 works for me on Radio Feed
yes on a feed ...but what are you using hardware wise between the pc and the trx-2 ? for example with the pro197 i had a cable that went from the pcif out on the front to the usb as a com port so it was simple, i do not have a similar functioning cable to connect my trx-2 it is just mini usb to usb or is the pc/if info sent on that connection as well as the headphone jack because in the programming thats the only place i can send the pcif to the headphone jack. i hope im making sense. thank you

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Same cable as you use for programming/etc from the TRX-2 to computer and use the headphone jack for audio. You do not need to turn on PC/IF it automatically feeds it out through the cable.

PhotoGrid_1593822436279.jpg

jhowelljr

Feed Broadcaster
Feed Provider
awesome thank you for your help!!!
ok one more question because i still am unable to get this to work? are you using scannercast? if so what are you using for the com port setting? if not what are you using because i cant get scanner cast to communicate with the trx-2 it broadcasts audio fine.

boy7777777777

You have to use an audio cable and a usb cable also. Plug the usb into the scanner the other end into your computer. Then go to device/com port setting in your computer and find the port the scanner is using. Then go back into scannercast and select that port number. It will then broadcast tags. That’s how I always did it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
ok one more question because i still am unable to get this to work? are you using scannercast? if so what are you using for the com port setting? if not what are you using because i cant get scanner cast to communicate with the trx-2 it broadcasts audio fine.

To find the port number right click on the start button of windows (bottom left button) and select device manager. Under Ports (USB & LPT) you will see the comm port in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.