alpha tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

When programing a trunked system with alpha tags, I assume you can make the tag anything you wish, am I correct? I know in the database, it list tags, but was not sure if those are required to be as they are or if you can make them anything.

blackacid

Yea you can tag them as anything you want. The only thing that needs to be the same when programming is the trunking channels and the talkgroup id's. You can tag the alpha tag for the talkgroup to anything you wish.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Usually the tags listed in the database are the actual tags used on the radios used by the agency, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SAR923

Sometimes, but, since the tags can be added by any member, they are usually what the member believes the frequency or TG is used for. The usually offer more information than the old description field but they aren't always right. Jsut listen and retag it if the usage seems wrong to you.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Usually the tags listed in the database are the actual tags used on the radios used by the agency, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, I will correct you since you are wrong :D

In many cases the descriptions are given based on the submissions to the database. Not everyone even uses radios with alphanumeric displays so all they would see is a CH number and they would have to keep a cheat sheet handy for any channels they do not use that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.