Alpha Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaythescanman

I recently started broadcasting alpha tags on my feed and cannot find one program on my pc that will show them while listening. the only mobile scanner that has them is "cop radio" for iPhone, and they are way out of sink from the audio. am I missing something? I am using the ScannerCast V0.14 (10307) to send the feed.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I recently started broadcasting alpha tags on my feed and cannot find one program on my pc that will show them while listening. the only mobile scanner that has them is "cop radio" for iPhone, and they are way out of sink from the audio. am I missing something? I am using the ScannerCast V0.14 (10307) to send the feed.

I use Java Web Player to see tags. Some Winamp will work too.

brianjdamico

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
Winamp, iTunes, Real Player all work. i personally use Winamp though
cheers
Matt

VLC shows alpha tags as well, and VLC will show the alpha tags in the corner of your screen every time it changes, so you dont have to look at the program to see who is talking.

jaythescanman

in theory any one of them do, but in this case, I cannot get them to show...it is the red deer alberta live feed if anyone wants to try and see if you get them...

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Jay your feed sounds very very good. The tags display well. I see no problems. It doesn't sound like a scanner. Are you using a commercial radio?

Click on my Feed Provider Badge above and look at my feed details. It makes a nice touch to your feed to include some information or links on your community and the agencies being streamed as well as the equipment being used to provide the feed.

Last edited:

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Re: Alpha Tag lagging

I'm having somewhat the same problem. I just switched my feed to a BCT-15X and I have everything set up correctly however I too am noticing a slight lag, maybe between 1-2 seconds, between the audio playing and the tag displaying... It's definitely not my computer speed that I know for sure, I'm using ScannerCast to broadcast and my internet is a high-speed wireless modem getting between 150-280 Mbps...

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I'm having somewhat the same problem. I just switched my feed to a BCT-15X and I have everything set up correctly however I too am noticing a slight lag, maybe between 1-2 seconds, between the audio playing and the tag displaying... It's definitely not my computer speed that I know for sure, I'm using ScannerCast to broadcast and my internet is a high-speed wireless modem getting between 150-280 Mbps...

I noticed a lag with Scannercast too. It got to several seconds long and longer, increasing each day requiring me to a daily restart.

I switched to RadioFeed and have no problems and the tags are instant.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

I noticed a lag with Scannercast too. It got to several seconds long and longer, increasing each day requiring me to a daily restart.

I switched to RadioFeed and have no problems and the tags are instant.

Do u think u can listen to my feed using the Java Player and tell me if the tags are lagging for my feed? For some reason I can't use Java Player on the same computer I'm broadcasting the feed with.. Actually if anyone could do that for me I'd be much appreciative!

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

I'm listening using an iPhone app named Police Radio and it actually broadcasts alpha tags along with the audio and there is a marked 3-5 second delay in between the tag showing and the audio playing... Maybe it's an app thing not sure but I can't test it from my computer and can't seem to find someone that will listen to my feed for a minute and see if the tags are showing before/after the transmission starts/ends.... If it is lagging 3-5 seconds then that's rather annoying as hell and isn't worth broadcasting the tags cuz it'll be way confusing! I tried RadioFeed and didn't notice a difference.. any suggestions anyone??

jaythescanman

Jay your feed sounds very very good. The tags display well. I see no problems. It doesn't sound like a scanner. Are you using a commercial radio?

Click on my Feed Provider Badge above and look at my feed details. It makes a nice touch to your feed to include some information or links on your community and the agencies being streamed as well as the equipment being used to provide the feed.

I am not using a commercial radio, it is a brand new RS pro 197 scanner, but its taken many years and lots of trial and error to get it my scanners to sound this good. Antenna in the right location determined by best portable scanner reception and have the scanner in such a spot that no rf interferes with it. As for the tags its still lagging but iv learned to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.