Alpha tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Had a friend program my radio for most of LWIN. from RR database.
Everything seems to be in order except the alpha tags. Many of them have the wrong agency name. Any idea what could have went wrong?
Thanks, Jerry

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
Had a friend program my radio for most of LWIN. from RR database.
Everything seems to be in order except the alpha tags. Many of them have the wrong agency name. Any idea what could have went wrong?
Thanks, Jerry
Have whomever programmed it, check and reprogram.

cajunjerry

Here is another problem I am running into. I had every LWIN tower programmed, my thoughts were that I would not pick up a tower unless I was in the area of the tower. Nope, from my town of springhill, it scans 80 % of the towers. Taking a minute or longer to scan them. I am looking for more suggestions.
Jerry

mule1075

Feed Provider
Here is another problem I am running into. I had every LWIN tower programmed, my thoughts were that I would not pick up a tower unless I was in the area of the tower. Nope, from my town of springhill, it scans 80 % of the towers. Taking a minute or longer to scan them. I am looking for more suggestions.
Jerry
Needs reprogramming to the towers you specifically want to listen to.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Jerry

What scanner are you using? Did you have just the control channel & alternate control channels for each tower programmed, or all the frequencies? Normally you only should need the control channels for each tower.

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
Jerry
Try turning on Location Control for the FL and put in your zipcode, also set the range for 20 or 25 miles.

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
Jerry

I'd only have the surrounding sites programmed... Bossier City, Bellevue, Plain Dealing, Homer, Minden, Shongaloo, Sibley. A scanner does exactly that, it scans. A trunking radio will only access the tower it needs. On a 996P2, you only need the CC, but I'd also put the ACC in being most of the sites are being upgraded and some CC's are changing when the upgrades are done.

cajunjerry

I'd only have the surrounding sites programmed... Bossier City, Bellevue, Plain Dealing, Homer, Minden, Shongaloo, Sibley. A scanner does exactly that, it scans. A trunking radio will only access the tower it needs. On a 996P2, you only need the CC, but I'd also put the ACC in being most of the sites are being upgraded and some CC's are changing when the upgrades are done.
Thanks, I have locked out everything else and if I travel to any of those areas, I will unlock those towers

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I personally site hold to keep channels clear, rotate site hold to change the local TGIDs if I'm in range of two or more sites, and perm avoid sites that I know I don't have a chance of receiving from. Still allows me to listen to what I want, and cuts the scan time to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.