• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Already have the scanner/ham antennas in - now need antenna install suggestions 4 CB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyguy

Glad to hear you have it figured out !! Don't forget to take pictures of your radios also!! You might give me some new ideas on how I want to rearrangge mine!!!!:lol:

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
JWhipple said:
I used to run one with a Voyage VR-9000 and Palomar Skipper 450 and before that a Magnum 357 (yes, 357 - the one with the 150 watt amp) on my Chrysler Sebring ... They do indeed work VERY well.. Just wanted to try and stick with the NMO type antennas since everything else on my truck is that type. Overall the Wilson ended up being cheaper than buying an 11 meter NMO style antenna and another Diamond K400 mount.. In fact, the antenna w/ mag mount cost the same as the Diamond K400!

Understand totally , the wattage it will hold might make a difference to if you decide to "pump up the volume" sometime....I definitely understand the looks thing , I have the wilson ground plane kit on mine to , very solid antenna.

357's are nice no doubt. What channels are you on or only 10 meter? if you ever venture down to the ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh no 11 meter stuff catch me on channel 11 sometime. 444 is my number on skip. 37/38 USB/LSB on the SSB thing.

Unit 444 and I'm wacked out......ooops I meant back out....he he
:D

Last edited:

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I am only on 11 these days... I used to run on Channel 38 LSB, went by 747 , but this is my first 11 meter rig since I got my ticket... This is an AM only rig though - sooner or later I'll get back into the SSB stuff I'm sure! Figured this would help me "hang on to my roots" a little, ya know?

KYGuy,

I'll get some pics of my setup once I get my new faceplate for the CB to put it into my JottoDesk.. http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34529 - it will be the same except for instead of one of the 2 scanners, the CB will be in it's place.

ScanDaBands

Banned
JWhipple said:
I'll get some pics of my setup once I get my new faceplate for the CB to put it into my JottoDesk..

Yes sir I'd like to see that when you get it done....these nice looking setups are killin me....here's what I have , the 2510 is gone and replaced with a Galaxy 95T2 and on top of that is a 2096 , I'll get a pic if I can tomorrow of how it is now. I made this mount myself at my old job , it bolts to the seat frame right on the chassis. Ugly but effective just the same - mount swivels to.

picture2112386ig4.jpg

Made the trailer hitch too !!! :)

virginiatahoe02gy4.jpg

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys - here come the pics! I'll add some of the CB install once I get the faceplate for the JottoDesk and update my posting over on the Install Pics section..

Attachments

• Full Profile-800x600.jpg
    Full Profile-800x600.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Driver Side All Ants-800x600.jpg
    Driver Side All Ants-800x600.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Passenger Side All Ants -800x600.jpg
    Passenger Side All Ants -800x600.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,449
  • Rear View -800x600.jpg
    Rear View -800x600.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Wilson 1000 -800x600.jpg
    Wilson 1000 -800x600.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,955

ScanDaBands

Banned
Love that truck , nice looking vehicle. I like that install on the Wilson , very good idea and no leaking when done right .... NICE JOB!!!!

jonny290

FYI Ebay has surface-entry stake mounts (the cable enters the mount above the plane of the mount, so you don't have to get into the bed wall). Search the Consumer Electronics section for 'stake mount' and you'll find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.