Alternate Belt Clip on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4UXQ

I was looking for a belt clip for my BCD396XT on eBay because as we all know the plastic ones from Uniden break way to easy, and I ran across this and decided to try one. Uniden BCD396T XT 346XT BCD 436HP Scanner Belt Clip | eBay

I received it and tried it. The space between the V on the clip and the retainer/release is too tight and it is extremely difficult to release the belt clip. It is difficult to describe, but you really have to fiddle with the radio to get it released and it marred the metal button on the back of the radio quite a bit. If the space were not so tight between the V and the retainer, it would likely release easy and be usable. I described the issue in great detail with photos to the seller who just replied in a very short way that he had a no hassle return policy. He did refund my purchase when I returned it, but he apparently was not interested in my feedback about the performance of the belt clip as he had no comment other than he would check the tolerance when he received it back. I was hoping he would comment more and work with me to get a working unit.

Beware that if the one you receive is made the same way as the one I did, it will not work well at all. Seems all it needs it more space which a couple of washers could provide. I do not have any way to rivet it back so decided to return it. If I could have replaced the rivets I really think I could have fixed it.

Last edited:

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master has cases and heavy duty belt clips for many Uniden scanners. I bought one several years ago for my 396T. Very high quality product. You have to remove the stud on the scanner, but the swivel clip is very good.

KD4UXQ

That is a commercial belt clip. It was not designed to mate with the Uniden post which is for a different clip.

The auction says it is for Uniden scanners including BCD396XT. I didn't buy a commercial belt clip expecting it to work. It would certainly work if it had been made with adequate clearance for the metal button on the Uniden radios.

KD4UXQ

Scanner Master has cases and heavy duty belt clips for many Uniden scanners. I bought one several years ago for my 396T. Very high quality product. You have to remove the stud on the scanner, but the swivel clip is very good.

Yeah. I think I'll have to consider one of those and ditch the metal button on the back. I was only hoping to save someone else the trouble of trying one of these and finding out they don't fit. Certainly looks like they could, but sure don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.