• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

alternate telescoping antenna for Grundig G8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grundig G8 has a flimsy/thin telescoping antenna, and for the second time I've put a kink in it...you have to be very careful collapsing it, actually do that in slow motion, to avoid bending and kinking the antenna.

I wonder if anyone has found a beefier collapsible antenna that will fit the G8. I saw one on Amazon.com that's for a Grundig PL660, it's much longer (39" compared to 22") and presumably stronger. I don't mind the extra length, but not having a 660, I don't know if it'll fit the G8...and the specs don't mention the antenna diameter at the base where it fits into the radio. Which is 1/4" on the G8.

Any suggestions?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.