Alternative Power Sources for PSR 800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirePix1075

What do other PSR 800 owners recommend as alternative power sources for the scanner, whether at home (AC plug) or in a vehicle (car charger)? Thanks.

jackj

I bought a plug-in, two outlet USB supply from E-Bay and some USB to mini B USB cables. I use the 2nd outlet for recharging my Ipod Touch. I also got a cigarette lighter plug-in USB supply from E-Bay. I think my total outlay was around $4 or $5 and they work great.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I have both an AC plug for the house and DC plug for my vehicle which accepts the USB cable. It is used to power the unit - I do not charge the batteries in the radio. That is done with a Powerex 9000 charger.

pirate6955

Premium Subscriber
usb batteries

i have a few various batteries with usb outputs on them i have acquired over the years for my ipods and iphones and stuff. i find these very handy with the psr800. they can power the radio for a good bit of time and also capable of topping off the charge in the internal radio batts.

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.3; en-us; Droid Build/FRK76) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I use an old Motorola Razor charger for an AC adapter without issue . I got a second one at GoodWill for $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.