Alternative Scanner Meeting Place(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan-Denver

Now that we have a general concensus of what days most of us can make the scanner meetings, lets all chime in on where you would like to see the meeting place to be held.

Keep in mind it needs to be a place that can accomodate 20 or more.

I vote to have it at a fire house or some place in the Denver area or a little bit north - but still in the metro area.

Last edited:

eyes00only

I agree with the North area. I voted for Saturdays in the poll, but starting in July I will be working Saturdays. Maybe I'll get lucky and the next meeting will be while I'm on vacation this summer.

Jerry

Last edited:

Scan-Denver

The idea here is to keep the quarterly meetings at Luke's place and the "in between" scanner meets sorta speak, could be held else where to accomodate those who aren't able to make it to Luke's place.

Just an idea.

cstockmyer

The one place I can think of out south is the perfect landing at centennial airport , a restaurant out on top of one of the FBO's out there. They have windows that face the field, so you can watch all the rich people get into their jets...again it's an idea for down south.

luke-1

cstockmyer said:
The one place I can think of out south is the perfect landing at centennial airport , a restaurant out on top of one of the FBO's out there. They have windows that face the field, so you can watch all the rich people get into their jets...again it's an idea for down south.

Jim, who owns The Perfect Landing, is a good friend of mine. I think it would be pretty easy for me to set that up.

Luke

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
SWEET! =) But the question is... is Jim going to show up?? HAHAHAH

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if it is too far or not, but I can probably schedule a meeting at a Bennett Fire Rescue Station either in Watkins or Bennett, east of E-470. Just a thought. I can also give an Aurora Fire Station community room a try if you like?

BobWeb

I'm still partial to the idea of visiting Denver Center (ARTCC) for a tour. Maybe meet at a local place to eat/drink afterwords. Just a thought.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
There's always Godfathers Pizza in Cheyenne. :lol:

Ok maybe when they finally get WyoLink going? :confused:

Something in the North Metro area would be nice.

FWIW it's a good 70+ miles to Lukes place from here.

Phil.

Scan-Denver

I think since we've had the meetings far south all this time, we should try and accomodate those who live far north and have the meet in the Adams, Weld, or Larimer county area. Perhaps we could even meet Troop (hint hint).

Phil has been trekking 140 miles round trip from greeley to make the meets down in Centennial/Parker area, I think it only right to have a few down in his neck of the woods.

So if anyone would be able to reserve a place for us up north, chime in and let us know.

cstockmyer

Does anyone know any hotel GM's or sales people up north? Maybe they could get us a deal? When I worked at a hotel most the meeting rooms when unused on weekends.

evilklown

i live up north in the adams area commerce city i am going to try to look into any good places around see what i can come up with to help.!

RISC777

scanlist said:
Something in the North Metro area would be nice.

I'll voice my opinion agreeing with Phil. More 'north' sounds good / better.

`Doug

BobWeb said:
I'm still partial to the idea of visiting Denver Center (ARTCC) for a tour. Maybe meet at a local place to eat/drink afterwords. Just a thought.

If that's an idea, my mom works for the FAA here in Longmont aka Denver Center. I can see what the possibility is of that happening.

BobWeb

Not sure if it's an idea or not since nobody else said anything about it, but it would certainly be up north, which would help some of our northern scannists, including myself. Might be helpful to know if it's even a possibility.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
chris_a_rodgers said:
If that's an idea, my mom works for the FAA here in Longmont aka Denver Center. I can see what the possibility is of that happening.

Chris, whats the word???? I would love to visit the FAA center! :D If it involves AVIATION, I'm there!

abqscan said:
Chris, whats the word???? I would love to visit the FAA center! :D If it involves AVIATION, I'm there!

My mom wasn't able to ask anyone at the center today (shes very busy), but give a day or two and I'll let you know.

TDHG4U61

cstockmyer said:
Does anyone know any hotel GM's or sales people up north? Maybe they could get us a deal? When I worked at a hotel most the meeting rooms when unused on weekends.

Hello guys, just reading the mail and looks like you need a meeting room? I live five minutes away from the Holiday Inn at I-70 & Chambers and worked there for 9yrs, very much know the assistant GM and the sales staff. Cant promise anything depending on its Saturday weddings and booked parties. Someone said 20 people, 30 I need an exact count by this Thursday. Cant bring any kind of food but down the street are fast foods & 3 mid class places to eat like Black Eyed Pea. Like I said cant promise but I will ask. Amos

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Thanks for the idea Amo!. I was thinking we were going to get like 100's of ideas. However this is not the case. We still don't know how many people even want to go to monthly meetings...

Status
Not open for further replies.