Altus Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard that Altus is going with an 800 system…..? I know they have all APX VHF equipment but are still analog … just curious

bradenpickett

MegaHertzOK
Premium Subscriber
They’re sticking with VHF, the “APD Ch. 2” animal control repeater is running mixed mode, and the PD uses it for tactical comms. (whatever that’s worth)
They dumped Lawton Comms in favor of OneLink in OKC, bought a bunch of APX 4000H’s and APX1500s. Seems like they’ve been having some key management issues. I’ve heard several “my radio says key fail” transmissions on analog. I’m not aware of any dual band radios that they own, but I could be mistaken. Now that the Mangum OKWIN site is up, I can see a linked talk group eventually, but the only interop that would bring would be OHP or OBNDD, since everyone else is just running a conventional system.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
Ok great…. I knew they had just bought some new APX stuff but was told by a officer I work with at a different department close by that APD was going 800 I didn’t think it was legit….. and the mangum OKWIN works great here in SW Oklahoma with a mobile, Handheld no so great in places

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
i dont mean to hijack the thread but when did Mangum get added to OKWIN P25 I? I travel to the Mangum area from time to time and never knew they had a 800 repeater out there.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
It’s been 6 months… or so……only state agencies on it OHP, OBNDD, OSBI. Works like a champ it only carries troop M and G …I believe …they did that so it wouldn’t have a lot of traffic. It doesn’t here SEMA or others troops …… also the NW 700 system is working great also if you didn’t know it’s a 700 conventional with mobiles running vote scan but you don’t need vote scan if you can turn a channel knob or have scan list space

Status
Not open for further replies.