AM/FM Radio???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikie333

i don't know, this might be a stupid question...but why can't (at least on like the pro97) one cannot pick up "radio stations"(i.e. music/talk show/news/sporting events) *like 107.7 or 99.1 on the FM and like 1120.0 on the AM

i'm obviously no scanner expert, but the scanner does have am/fm support...

sorry if this has been posted before

thank!!!

jparks29

John McClane
NFM is not WFM, most scanners don't go down to the "AM band"....

Most communications recievers , OTOH, can listen to "FM radio" and "AM Radio"....

SCPD

QRT
The Uniden 396 and the other newer Uniden scanners pick it up, other than these, I'm not aware of any other scanners that do.

-Dylan

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
mikie333 said:
i don't know, this might be a stupid question...but why can't (at least on like the pro97) one cannot pick up "radio stations"(i.e. music/talk show/news/sporting events) *like 107.7 or 99.1 on the FM and like 1120.0 on the AM

i'm obviously no scanner expert, but the scanner does have am/fm support...

sorry if this has been posted before

thank!!!

The FM broadcast band uses WFM (wide FM) mode, which the PRO-97 doesn't support. And the AM broadcast band frequency range is around 530 khz to 1.7 mHz, and the PRO-97 doesn't tune that low. If you want a scanner that can tune these bands, try the Uniden BR330T.

jeffy

am/fm

...not a stupid question at all. This time next Wednesday I might have one of the BR330T's spoke of here in my hands. I'm looking at buying it for a few reasons.... I too want to have access to am/fm along with shortwave and TV stations. This morning I walked up to my arbor/deck on the steep hill in front of our house for some early morning listening. I carried with me a file bag with 2 scanners and an am/fm/shortwave radio. I'm hoping the BR330T replaces this armfull of gear. I read "Safetyobc's" review recently and I believe what he had to say about the scanner. Too bad about a.m. not being too good. As long as the shortwave is adequate and the TV stations come in decent I ought to like it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes about scanners but I think Radio shack ought to offer up a moderately priced scanner with am/fm capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.