AM/FM / Scanner Antenna Coupler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

manross

This question comes up regularly. Most people feel that they are not worth the materials that it's made of. I tried one a few years ago and on VHF low it was ok. Everything above those freqs it really was terrible. It's such a great idea, but does not hold up to it's intended use. You would think after all these years someone would perfect it and make it work correctly. If you try it, please come back to this thread and report your findings, so we all can know if they've improved.

Marty

Last edited:

fineshot1

I have tried one, it so severely degraded my fm radio reception I took it out.

I also experienced severely degraded fm reception. In fact if I was listening to fm when I turned on the scanner it was a very noticeable difference that kicked in when the scanner was turned on.

JoeyC

I bought one of those useless devices many years ago as they were relatively inexpensive and I didn't want to attach an external antenna to a new car.

I installed it and connected it to the scanner and it was in the trash after about 15 minutes of its arrival. I got better scanner reception holding my little finger next to the antenna connection than this device could provide and FM reception was equally as poor. Don't waste your money or time.

Status
Not open for further replies.