Am I able to program a Motorola XPR 3500 to listen to P25 Phase 1 talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes_tornado

Hello, I am knew to everything radio, and as you can see by the title, I was wondering if I was able to program a Motorola XPR 3500 radio with P25 Phase 1 talkgroups. The most probable answer is no, but otherwise, please put in your 2 cents.

Thanks peoples,
Jake

jakes_tornado

Just a quick question regarding the Motorola XPR 3500 / Motorola DP2600 (same model) If I buy say 10 of these from a wholesaler (or whatever) and I get them out of the box, will I be able to use them as 2 way radios with however many channels already programmed straight out of the box? Or will I have to program them?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They will not be programed when you get them. First you will have to go through a frequency coordinator, then get an FCC license for those assigned frequencies. Then you will need to program them for your licensed frequencies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Jake you by fcc law will have to apply for a fcc license for each frequency you have in the radio of written permission from a license holder for each frequency you have and use in your radio.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Jake, you need the assistance of a local vendor to guide you in the right direction. If you are unsure of even having a license, then we can't really help you.

Remember, why you may get your radios cheaper online, paying a little more from a local vendor will also get you access to their assistance and resources that the online re sellers can't really do. I have had to straighten out several customers who wanted to go cheap by buying online, then having major problems. Then they have to call me (local vendor) to fix things. The local vendor has a tech and a truck that can help you out if you have problems, the online guy has your money and no local support.

Food for thought. Good luck.

jakes_tornado

Jake, you need the assistance of a local vendor to guide you in the right direction. If you are unsure of even having a license, then we can't really help you.

Remember, why you may get your radios cheaper online, paying a little more from a local vendor will also get you access to their assistance and resources that the online re sellers can't really do. I have had to straighten out several customers who wanted to go cheap by buying online, then having major problems. Then they have to call me (local vendor) to fix things. The local vendor has a tech and a truck that can help you out if you have problems, the online guy has your money and no local support.

Food for thought. Good luck.

Alright, will do, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.