Am I doing something Wrong? BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillC73

Premium Subscriber
I've had this scanner for a few days now, and so far have only been sucessfull listening to conventional systems, I downloaded free software (freescan+BCtool) and imported systems from the database here. Found quite a few systems for my area and transferred them all into the 396T, however all I get is "Scan ID search" am I missing a step?

Thanks!

captclint

Mentor
I've had this scanner for a few days now, and so far have only been sucessfull listening to conventional systems, I downloaded free software (freescan+BCtool) and imported systems from the database here. Found quite a few systems for my area and transferred them all into the 396T, however all I get is "Scan ID search" am I missing a step? Thanks!
IF there is an option to download all TGID's, perhaps you did not have it checked. You should be able to put the scanner in the ID Search mode, and get everything that way. In the ID scan mode, it would get nothing if you did not import the TGID's. Of course, you can check to see if it has any TGID's easily in the software.
To change between ID Scan or ID Search mode for each trunked system, press Func then Scan while scanning the trunked system.
Or, press and hold Func and scroll to the system, release Func and press Scan.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would help to diagnose the issue if we knew what systems you are programming. It sounds like that either you haven't built a group for talkgroups for your system, or there's an error in how you are defining your systems. More information is needed 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.