Am I missing something in ezscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Playing with my new TRX-2 and trying not to compare to BCD536 and Proscan

Is there a way to create a log of hits? It would be helpful in order to clear out channels that have no activity or need

ANY THOUGHTS?

Doug

hightime

It's not a hit counter, but with the TRX models, you can record individual channels. After recording, one can review them and see if it is actually a hit or just a station ID, birdie, or adjacent channel. Just a thought

hightime

You can , but it's a pain. You have to use the Audio tab and load it from the radio. Gives you RAN, Talkgroup, Time Slot, CC, and Radio ID plus ability to listen to the recording

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Sure would be nice to have a log window.
This feature sets Proscan apart from others, for the BCD436/536 series

Swipesy

Since Whistler invited 3rd parties to expand the use of the remote control app I had hope that Don Starr would add the log feature to to the remote control app like he has in WIN500. But, my request to him, some time ago, fell on deaf ears.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I don't think you will see many third-party apps for a scanner that prohibits third-party applications from doing programming.

Everyone wants a free lunch, including Whistler.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Ezscan log

Sometimes the 'free lunch' costs more.
For those who are accustomed to ARC, Proscan etc, this is a departure.
The Remote program would be great IF it only had a log option. I understand that you can record and work 'backwards' but that is a pain.
The TRX series seems to be very good and if the software were better, I would rate it higher than the BCDx36 series.
Arc, Proscan, HRD have no problems charging and we are willing to pay. I would hope that Whistler recognizes the opportunity.

Thanks for the replies

Doug

marcard50

logging hits now available

Whistler has upgraded their control demo to include a logging feature but I can't find the instructions or how to get it to log the hits. If someone knows how please let us know. I think we may be getting closer to the features the Uniden 536 has.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Whistler has upgraded their control demo to include a logging feature but I can't find the instructions or how to get it to log the hits. If someone knows how please let us know. I think we may be getting closer to the features the Uniden 536 has.

1) Plug scanner into computer via usb cable and turn it on.

2) Open control demo,

3) Select logging in the upper left

4) Check "enable"

5) Select configuration and select the folder you want to save the log to.

6) Go back to the main window and select the scanners comport (you can find it in device manage under ports)

7) Select begin

8) To view the logs later use microsoft excel or openoffice (it's free)

Status
Not open for further replies.