Am I wasting my time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorg92

Hi all

I have had a local analog radio system go digital today :(

After looking into it a bit more out came dsd+ to see if I could get the info I need to listen again.

from this picture, is the system just using ( Basic Privacy ) ...... as I understand that’s what alg=BP is?

if that’s the case I will try all 255 to find it but if there is more to it .....am I wasting my tim

many thanks
E55897C0-9591-47E2-98DF-EC3CFBFDD1A7.jpeg

taylorg92

I’ve come across other systems that say RAS just along the bottom where it says DMR DCC:0 so I think it isn’t.
Thank you for your reply..... I’ll have something to do tomorrow now!

taylorg92

The plot thickens
So I’ve found out they are using hytera radios ...... my next question is will hyteras 255 set codes be the same as Motorola’s 255?
Sorry if this is a daft question but it’s all a learning curve.
many thanks

taylorg92

Damn! what a nightmare this is turning out to be...... so trying all 255 keys on a hytera radio wouldn't even help?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hytera BP doesn't work like that. They don't use predefined keys like Moto does, it's still something the user inputs. It can be a 40, 128 or 256 key... but the method that the key is applied is much simpler compared to the 'full' encryption (ARC4/AES).

boatbod

BP is essentially an XOR of the key with most (but not all) bits in the MBE codewords. It is not secure and trivial to reverse if you can identify some known codeword values.

Status
Not open for further replies.