AM radio stations for BCT15X and BCD325P2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

I got the FM radio stations near me programmed but I cant figure out how program a AM channel in to BCT15X or the 325P2. For the BCD325P2 I use ProScan and the BCT15X I program it manually. Any info on how would be greatly appricated. Or is it just simply not possible?
Thanks

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Are you talking AM broadcast? The 325 is not capable of going that low in frequency. I would assume the 15 can't either but I don't own one.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The long discontinued BR330T would receive that range. But why tie up a scanner on a frequency that a readily available AM radio can hear, at a much lower cost than the scanner.

blaketx

Premium Subscriber
I got the FM radio stations near me programmed but I cant figure out how program a AM channel in to BCT15X or the 325P2. For the BCD325P2 I use ProScan and the BCT15X I program it manually. Any info on how would be greatly appricated. Or is it just simply not possible?
Thanks

I have a Nooelec Ham It Up upconverter I have used with my RTL/SDR setup. It will upconvert all frequencies (0.1 - 65 MHz) + 125MHz. That would put it in the Aircraft AM band. To get WGN you would have to tune your scanner to 125.720. SDR software allows you to offset this frequency. I don't know if BCT15X lets you select your desired mode if the radio has a hardcoded band mode. A scanner would have to be able to tune 125.1 to 190 MHz continuously and allow mode and step selection to get the most out of it.

Blake

Last edited:

ltginrage

So is they a VHF Frequency for 720 WGN or 670 WBBM? If there is I still may be to far

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
WBBM 780 does also transmit on the FM band at 105.900 but not sure where you are located to hear it. 670 is not WBBM, it's WSCR.

Groeteschele

Thanks

If you are not much concerned with audio quality as much as maximum sensitivity Uniden BR330T BC340CRS BC345CRS BC370CRS all receive AM & FM broadcast band radio signals along with many regular scanner signals. If money of no object AOR MK8200 and MK8600 better radios for AM & FM signals along with much more spectrum signals then Uniden scanners. Icom R8500 very good for AM & FM broadcast signal receiving. Only thing is no RDS. SDR sticks have RDS. The very best but much much more money is laboratory grade OTA receivers that AM and FM broadcast stations use for off site listening of their signals by their technicians. If FM needed sometime AM radio stations have FM simulcast of same program. Radio Station 720 khz WGN only AM but radio station 780 khz WBBM have FM signal on 105.9 MHz. Radio-Locator very good source of AM & FM signals and broadcast radio stations from all over the world. Good place to find live stream of AM & FM radio stations too. Good places to live stream AM radio stations is Kiwi.SDR and Web.SDR because to listen to most AM signals from radio station webpage want you to junk up your PC or smartphone by joining Tune.In, Streema and other sites to put apps in them. I hope this help you in some way.

Last edited:

Bob1955

Thanks
The Bearcat BCD325P2/BCT-15X/BCD-996P2/BCD-536HP/BCD436HP/BC-125AT/SDS-100/SDS-200 will NOT do AM broadcast bands.

ltginrage

WBBM 780 does also transmit on the FM band at 105.900 but not sure where you are located to hear it. 670 is not WBBM, it's WSCR.
Im in Eastern Lee County. Probaly Not going to get it from here with a diamond RH77CA. I'm not focused on the names I just know when the cubs do play baseball again they are on there.

If you are not much concerned with audio quality as much as maximum sensitivity Uniden BR330T BC340CRS BC345CRS BC370CRS all receive AM & FM broadcast band radio signals along with many regular scanner signals. If money of no object AOR MK8200 and MK8600 better radios for AM & FM signals along with much more spectrum signals then Uniden scanners. Icom R8500 very good for AM & FM broadcast signal receiving. Only thing is no RDS. SDR sticks have RDS. The very best but much much more money is laboratory grade OTA receivers that AM and FM broadcast stations use for off site listening of their signals by their technicians. If FM needed sometime AM radio stations have FM simulcast of same program. Radio Station 720 khz WGN only AM but radio station 780 khz WBBM have FM signal on 105.9 MHz. Radio-Locator very good source of AM & FM signals and broadcast radio stations from all over the world. Good place to find live stream of AM & FM radio stations too. Good places to live stream AM radio stations is Kiwi.SDR and Web.SDR because to listen to most AM signals from radio station webpage want you to junk up your PC or smartphone by joining Tune.In, Streema and other sites to put apps in them. I hope this help you in some way.
I will go try 105.9 in a few and let you know how it goes.

The Bearcat BCD325P2/BCT-15X/BCD-996P2/BCD-536HP/BCD436HP/BC-125AT/SDS-100/SDS-200 will NOT do AM broadcast bands.
We have already established that.

Status
Not open for further replies.