Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Unfortunately, it's not in the DB as a unified system. You'll find it in various counties as individual conventional repeaters. Check out Armstrong County, for example. I would like to see the whole system in one place but I've never seen such a list - this FCC entry is only a fraction. Looks like there are several call signs.

WQGP277
WQGE360
WQGV794

or, better yet

Panhandle Regional Planning Commission

Russell

Last edited:

nd5y

Also I don't know if there is a relationship between the "new" VHF system and the UHF med channels that have been licensed since the 1970s.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

twobytwo

Tom I sent you an email. Don't know if it worked. Ifit didn't send me your email address & Ill try something else.

nd5y

Tom I sent you an email. Don't know if it worked. Ifit didn't send me your email address & Ill try something else.
Yes I got and it worked ok except for word wrapping. It looks like all the FCC licenses like what I put in the Wiki. I left out the mobile frequencies because in most cases you can't tell how the frequencies are paired.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
So, are these sites linked together in that a mobile can travel anywhere in the system (roam)? Or does the mobile have to manually switch channels? Can they talk back to their base or do they talk to the local dispatcher? Can a Childress mobile travel to Amarillo and talk back to home?

Russell

N5TWB

If I read the info on the Wiki links correctly, this is supposed to be a P25 system but I don't see any reference to a NAC. Am I reading this correctly or am I off base here?

nd5y

If I read the info on the Wiki links correctly, this is supposed to be a P25 system but I don't see any reference to a NAC. Am I reading this correctly or am I off base here?
The repeaters are probably all dual mode. They are all licensed for P25 and NFM. I don't know if they use P25 everywhere. I don't know if all the county and small town users have P25 radios. Maybe they got grants and bought all new radios.

The wiki article has no NACs, PL tones, DPL codes or channel names because I don't have the information. It is simply a collection of FCC license data.

The site names are from a map on the PRPC web site that may be obsolete by now.

I didn't feel like going through every panhandle county in the database to see how many county and city listings match up with licenses in the wiki article.

I didn't even include the repeater input frequencies because when a license has multiple VHF repeaters at the same site you usually can't tell by looking at the FCC license data how the frequencies are paired.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Chore

The repeaters are probably all dual mode. They are all licensed for P25 and NFM. I don't know if they use P25 everywhere. I don't know if all the county and small town users have P25 radios. Maybe they got grants and bought all new radios.

The wiki article has no NACs, PL tones, DPL codes or channel names because I don't have the information. It is simply a collection of FCC license data.

I didn't feel like going through every panhandle county in the database to see how many county and city listings match up with licenses in the wiki article.

I didn't even include the repeater input frequencies because when a license has multiple VHF repeaters at the same site you usually can't tell by looking at the FCC license data how the frequencies are paired.

I will do some searching while I'm in the area. If I hear anything that is not listed in the RR DB, I will make a post here. I also don't have time to go through this enormous list at the present time. Maybe later. Hopefully, I can put them all in one scan list.

Thanks.

N5TWB

Thanks for the additional info, Tom. I appreciate that you wouldn't want to launch off on a Panhandle road trip to verify all the specifics on this system. The info you've provided is a great insight to what they're trying to do.

mjm2001

Afternoon
I have done some freq snooping and have come up with this so far for PANCOM.
My question is do certain counties use the same DPL or NAC on several freqs which might make it easy to identify which agency or county is using which frequency. For example I do know that Dallam and Hartley counties use DPL 371 on all the PANCOM freqs they use and it looks like Moore County is using DPL 205 while Hutchinson county/Borger is using 146.2 and Hutchinson county SO and Fire is using 167.9 ctcss tones.

I have figured out which PANCOM freqs some of the counties and are using and have submitted those freqs for the county I have found them to be using.

These are some of PANCOM freqs I am receiving from northwest Potter County that I haven't identified to which county is using them.

Column one is Freq, column 2 is PL Tone, column 3 is the receive signal strength, column 4 is the number of hits on the given freq and column 5 is the location that it is licensed in.

155.5425 C 173.8 314 46 00:01:02 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Armstrong
159.1125 D 205 266 12 00:00:27 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Armstrong
155.3100 349 10 00:00:01 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Carson
158.7975 D 205 290 5 00:00:05 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Carson
158.8575 D 065 232 2 00:00:04 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Castro
151.1525 D 466 148 4 00:00:09 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Deaf Smith
156.1725 D 043 424 3 00:00:33 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Gray
158.7675 158 2 00:00:00 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Hutchinson
155.8425 D 205 266 7 00:00:38 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Moore
158.8275 C 167.9 368 8 00:00:06 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Oldham
154.0925 D 205 246 2 00:00:23 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Parmer
155.7300 236 6 00:00:00 Panhandle Regional Planning Commission - PRPC Channels - Parmer

Last edited:

mjm2001

Amarillo Trunking

Afternoon
I was talking to a radio tech today and have learned that Motorola has been awarded a contract to upgrade the Amarillo Tx VHF public safety radio system to a new Digital Phase II P25 trunking system. the project should begin soon and is supposed to be completed by 2018.

fmurphy

Premium Subscriber
if you look at the article it says dual band radios... from what I understand it is suppose to be 700mhz.. hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.