Amateur Database Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born_Annoyed

West Central Florida 12 miles from the Gulf of Mex
From the FCC.gov website:
03/12/2012
Database File Delayed

A technical problem has prevented the creation of the Assignments and Transfers, Market Based Services and BRS & EBS (Formerly known as MDS/ITFS) Application Database Files for the ULS database. We are working on the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If tou took the test and your name and callsign is not showing up in the database this is the problem.
there has not been an updat to the database since 3/11/12.

Just thought I'd share this info.

Marc W...

celsasser

Premium Subscriber
I got my paper exactly 4 days after it renewed on 2/29/12. Looks like I made it under the wire. I saw the database update on 3/1/12 show my renewal. So someone must have broke something. :roll:

n3ijw

Premium Subscriber
I think the Amateur database is separate from the ones affected. Tested on 3/10 and my updated info was in ULS on 3/12.

Born_Annoyed

I think the Amateur database is separate from the ones affected. Tested on 3/10 and my updated info was in ULS on 3/12.

This only affects new Ham's. I see you upgraded to General! Way to go. No new updates to the database as of 3/17/2012. Hope when I get back from my trip up north it will have been updated. Waiting to get on the air with my I-com 2300H after I tune the antenna.

GinoRP

Waiting impatiently

I keep obsessively checking the database every day, several times a day, since I passed the exam back on March 14. It's now March 26th and I'm getting nervous. This must set the record for getting your callsign according to all the posts I've read. I'm starting to think this has less to do with the delay.

My VE group were very cautious and triple checked everything before we all got to leave. Heck, there were more VE than tests there that day. They were a very experienced bunch and they moved like turtles. I can only assume they didn't submit anything electronically.

I can't stand it any longer. I just want to say my callsign once over the air on my little FT-60R and have someone answer me. Can't wait.

GinoRP

Born_Annoyed

I keep obsessively checking the database every day, several times a day, since I passed the exam back on March 14. It's now March 26th and I'm getting nervous. This must set the record for getting your callsign according to all the posts I've read. I'm starting to think this has less to do with the delay.

My VE group were very cautious and triple checked everything before we all got to leave. Heck, there were more VE than tests there that day. They were a very experienced bunch and they moved like turtles. I can only assume they didn't submit anything electronically.

I can't stand it any longer. I just want to say my callsign once over the air on my little FT-60R and have someone answer me. Can't wait.

GinoRP

When you check the database check it from arrl.org The fcc.gov likes exact spelling and the middle initial included. I have no idea why but when i checked from the arrl website is was there. Hope this helps.

Marc
AKA Born _Annoyed
KK4HZT

GinoRP

When you check the database check it from arrl.org The fcc.gov likes exact spelling and the middle initial included. I have no idea why but when i checked from the arrl website is was there. Hope this helps.

Marc
AKA Born _Annoyed
KK4HZT

Born_Annoyed,

Thank you for following up and posting a response. I appreciate everyone's technical expertise and look forward to learning from all of you.

My father (KA6DTU) and I are the only two HAMs with our family name. His shows up. I also searched by my FRN so I know its not there.

Since this poist, I have since called my VE and the W5YI-VEC. They are both working together to locate the batch from our test date.

Volunteers are wonderful. If I had to deal with the government, I wouldn't have even received a response. What a great bunch I am getting into. Can't wait to become part of the second oldest social network (the fire pit being the first).

Thank you,

GinoRP

Status
Not open for further replies.