Amateur DMR in Central Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
So for the past week or so, I've been monitoring a bunch of DMR amateur repeaters in my county (Orange).

So far, these are the only repeaters I get activity from;
W4MCO
KJ4OVA
NX4DN (Tallahassee!?)

I'm using a Discone antenna up in my attic on a third floor apartment building.

I've got a bunch more repeaters programmed from locations all around me in neighboring counties; Brevard, Volusia, Polk, Osceola, Lake and have yet to hear anything from them.

I've used the info from RadioID and Repeaterbook.

My questions, for active amateurs in Central Florida, what's your experience?

How many repeaters you find activity on?
The one I'm still scratching my head about is that N4XDN repeater in Tallahassee.

Including a screenshot off my programmed repeaters for reference.

I'm using an SDS200 for the task.Capture.JPG

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry, rally? Not familiar with that town. Is that in Tallahassee though?
About that particular repeater, I'm receiving traffic from it and I am in Orange County, a bit far from it. Just surprised that repeater is able to reach that far?

edweirdFL

I hear activity on the KC2HFL repeater in Daytona Beach that seems to be linked with a number of other DMR repeaters in Florida. I'll listen for a couple hours and then it might be a month or more before I go back and listen again.(I went the DStar route with the radios I have that support digital modes)

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Thus far, every time I check the logs in ProScan, I see W4MCO, KJ4OVA, WD4WDW and N4XDN.
Last night, I went down the list in Repeaterbook and compared it with what I had in Sentinel and trimmed it a lot.

When I first moved to Orlando, I used to have the Kenwood TH-D74. Waiting to see what the new Icom would cost...

Status
Not open for further replies.