Amateur Radio DMR Talk-group Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarantir

Premium Subscriber
Hello, a gap I see within the Amateur Radio DMR community is a comprehensive talk-group list. Each DMR network has some semblance of a list and some of the TG id's overlap. To that end I maintain my own list for the purpose of codeplug programming. It's entirely possible I have overlooked that here on RR. If there is community interest I would like to volunteer to maintain such a list here. Thoughts or questions on the matter? Is this a Database or Wiki thing?

Randy

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hello, a gap I see within the Amateur Radio DMR community is a comprehensive talk-group list. Each DMR network has some semblance of a list and some of the TG id's overlap. To that end I maintain my own list for the purpose of codeplug programming. It's entirely possible I have overlooked that here on RR. If there is community interest I would like to volunteer to maintain such a list here. Thoughts or questions on the matter? Is this a Database or Wiki thing?

That's a Wiki thing; talkgroups available on a given repeater can vary based on the desires of the repeater trustee, so for the database we only go with what's confirmed as actually being on a repeater (we don't keep track of hotspots).

Talkgroups can also vary based on the network (DMR-MARC, Brandmeister, etc); a specific talkgroup on one may be different on another.

That all being said, such a list in the Wiki might be quite useful, especially if it's combined with a basic DMR programming tutorial which covers scanners as well as ham radio. If you would like to volunteer to maintain that, send a message to the Wiki Manager; I think he'll be good with the idea.

tarantir

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I appreciate the replies. I think a Wiki would be very difficult to maintain. Regardless this didn't draw much interest so I'll drop the idea for now.

@w2xq Thanks for sharing the link, interesting approach. I've bookmarked it to read over the weekend.

73's N8YUI

Status
Not open for further replies.