Amateur Radio Equipment - Charlotte Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocharles

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of anywhere to go to get deals on Amateur Radio Equipment or other radio equipment in the area?

you asked a few hours too late....the Charlotte Hamfest was at the Cabarras Arena on Hwy 49 just north of Charlotte both Sat/Sun this weekend March 10/11.....sorry....mark your calendar for next year, same weekend, same place :)

next big hamfest is Raleigh Hamfest RARSFEST April 7 8am-3:30pm in the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds RARSFest

Barefootdipole

neocharles

Premium Subscriber
you asked a few hours too late....the Charlotte Hamfest was at the Cabarras Arena on Hwy 49 just north of Charlotte both Sat/Sun this weekend March 10/11.....sorry....mark your calendar for next year, same weekend, same place :)

next big hamfest is Raleigh Hamfest RARSFEST April 7 8am-3:30pm in the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds RARSFest

Barefootdipole

Oh I was there ~ got my license :) Just, at the time, didn't really know what I'd need / wanted to look around. It's a shame there's not many (if any) catering to the hobby in the area.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Oh I was there ~ got my license :) Just, at the time, didn't really know what I'd need / wanted to look around. It's a shame there's not many (if any) catering to the hobby in the area.

Congrats on getting your ticket :)
Like others will tell you your best bet is to buy online.
Sadly there are few to no local Ham Dealers in the Char-Meck area.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Oh I was there ~ got my license :) .

FANTASTIC AND CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

WELCOME !!!

you won't regret it...ever....you can make it anything you want it to be with so many varied interests and modes in the hobby....

good idea holding off on the buy....thumb thru the catalogs and look at online sites and radio magazines....and go to a local club meeting and join them---ask---talk---listen :)

but most of all....HAVE FUN !

Barefootdipole

neocharles

Premium Subscriber
Figured I'd just tag onto this thread...

Planning a trip to the Brevard area in a few weeks... Any suggested repeaters to use on the way from Charlotte over there? Any Nets over the weekend (Fri/Sat Night) to try to tune into that I can't hit from the Metro area?

Any cool quick/easy antenna setups that rock out in the woods?

SCPD

QRT
6600 Net on 145.190 at 9 pm Saturday but I guess you get that in Charlotte. If you are coming up I40 try 146.985 when you get in the Morganton area. The 146.640 machine on Bearwallow Mountain has pretty good coverage.

Last edited:

ts548

Figured I'd just tag onto this thread...

Planning a trip to the Brevard area in a few weeks... Any suggested repeaters to use on the way from Charlotte over there? Any Nets over the weekend (Fri/Sat Night) to try to tune into that I can't hit from the Metro area?

Any cool quick/easy antenna setups that rock out in the woods?

147.105 + PL91.5 - Bearwallow Mtn
444.250 PL91.5 - Bearwallow Mtn

Status
Not open for further replies.