Amateur Radio Frequencies Not in HP1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacherjoe

Hey Folks,

Noticed that the HAM Radio frequencies that appear in the RR database are not showing up in the HP1 database updates. I submitted the frequencies for my area a while back and they have been in the RR database for sometime. I have brought them into the scanner from the RR web page but they are not showing under the county or Province in Sentinel.

Are the HAM frequencies not pushed out with the rest of the updates for the HP1?

J

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Paul, I know this isn't the best place to post this, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to post a reply on the HP forums. :confused:

Anyway, regarding the new HP-1 firmware:

Add P25 X2 TDMA systems in HPDB to receive some FDMA Talkgroups. Add "System Info" of P25 X2 TDMA.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Project 25 Phase II (TDMA) was recently added as a system flavor/type in the RRDB. TxWARN is one system that is currently flagged as such. Hopefully you guys are able to work that into the firmware before it's released, otherwise you're going to have the same issue as with X2-TDMA systems regarding the FDMA talkgroups.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Should just be able to log in and click the reply button at the bottom of any message.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Tried that, no luck. Tried in 3 different browsers, in fact. Maybe it's because I just registered an account today? In any case, I was going to post the same thing I posted here, which I'm sure you've already taken note of (if you weren't already aware). ;)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
IIRC it wont't let you post until you reply to the registration confirmation email (to prevent spam attacks).

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
I have the same problem with posting to the HP community forum. Created an account a week or so ago, replied to the confirmation email, etc. I can login just fine. I can view posting s but cannot post a new thread or reply to an existing.

I called Uniden tech support who did something in the backend but it still did not work so they have escalated to their IT group for further reseach.

It's not too big a deal for me as this RR forum is so good.

Kevin.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Posting

I have the same problem with posting to the HP community forum. Created an account a week or so ago, replied to the confirmation email, etc. I can login just fine. I can view posting s but cannot post a new thread or reply to an existing.

I called Uniden tech support who did something in the backend but it still did not work so they have escalated to their IT group for further reseach.

It's not too big a deal for me as this RR forum is so good.

Kevin.

Hi Kevin thanks for the reply I thought I would post the problem so it could be looked into, I am sure it will be fixed soon.
Steve

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Same issue here. I confirmed the registration but still cannot post.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Define "cannot post." You don't see reply buttons? When you click them nothing (or something useless) happens? When you try to post, nothing (or something useless or some useful error message) happens?

As far as I know, as of today the site is working fine.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Define "cannot post." You don't see reply buttons? When you click them nothing (or something useless) happens? When you try to post, nothing (or something useless or some useful error message) happens?

Clicking the main reply links at the top and bottom of the page has no effect, it simply reloads the page. Same behavior for the individual reply and quote links on each post. Cannot start a new thread either, same behavior, just a page reload. I tried copying/pasting the "new reply" URL and it had no effect.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Posting

I see all the buttons, (reply topic) top left bottom left and also new post button, when I click on reply topic the page flashes very quickly but does not change the page so I can post or reply. I did shut off my pop up blocker and I am running explorer 9.
Steve

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Although IE9 is a good browser (a first for MS!) it, along with every other browser, has bugs and doesn't always render a web page properly. I would suggest downloading Firefox or Google Chrome and see if you can reply in them. It's a long shot but requires little effort. If the site in question is using CSS positioning, that can cause problems that will result in it working in some browsers, but not others.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Although IE9 is a good browser (a first for MS!) it, along with every other browser, has bugs and doesn't always render a web page properly. I would suggest downloading Firefox or Google Chrome and see if you can reply in them. It's a long shot but requires little effort. If the site in question is using CSS positioning, that can cause problems that will result in it working in some browsers, but not others.

As I noted in my second post, I've tried in three different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome) with negative results. Believe me, if it was a browser issue I would've known instantly.

For the record, IE is a terrible browser, regardless of the version.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, it was allowing admins to post, but not non-admins. Web team fixed it this morning (seems that there were some undocumented compatibility issues that cropped up after our recent site upgrade).

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Posting

Ok, it was allowing admins to post, but not non-admins. Web team fixed it this morning (seems that there were some undocumented compatibility issues that cropped up after our recent site upgrade).

Thank you Upman, I now can post and everything is working.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.