Amateur Radio Repeater on 447.000, South Jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone in Central or Southern, NJ hearing an amateur radio repeater output on 447.000, CTCSS unknown? If so, can you advise of the repeater's call sign?

I'm hearing this station in Northern, NJ on a sporadic basis and would like to contact the repeater's trustee regrading an interference problem.

Thanks.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
444.700 KM3W Chester PA PL 131.8
We have had alot of band openings lately. And I have sent you a PM.

Last edited:

W2MB

Verify the out frequency

I do not believe that 447.000mHz is a standard repeater output frequency. Could you be refering to 440.700mHz which is?

RocketNJ

No, we are referring to 447.000 which is usually a repeater input. We are hearing what sounds like a repeater on the input to the northern NJ 442.000 repeater. Wouldn't be the first time someone put up a non-standard repeater. Or it could be a link radio that someone has up on a yagi pointing in our direction and the link radio could be running high power.

I cannot get into a location to hear it listening to the input but when a user without PL reverse burst unkeys about 1/2 second of audio gets passed out the transmit. Listening to the interference both stations are consistently equally as strong and I've also heard what sounds like a repeater squelch tail.

This happens during commuting time.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
N3KZ-442.000 74.4 PL (ARCC db) in Wyoming county, PA, might be a stretch for you; it's been coordinated for centuries. No repeater in T-MARC's db. Have you checked NY state and New England? There is a lot of early morning temperature inversion propagation going on these past weeks, especially along the coast. If your repeater is the 442.000 one in Hudson county -- you don't give any locations for yourself or the repeater-- you could have a water path going somewhere. I routinely saw TV stations from Boston to Virginia in the days before cable.

W2NJS

Is anyone in Central or Southern, NJ hearing an amateur radio repeater output on 447.000, CTCSS unknown? If so, can you advise of the repeater's call sign?

I'm hearing this station in Northern, NJ on a sporadic basis and would like to contact the repeater's trustee regrading an interference problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't the signal you're hearing have an ID, using CW, MCW, or voice?

W2MB

I cannot get into a location to hear it listening to the input but when a user without PL reverse burst unkeys about 1/2 second of audio gets passed out the transmit.

It's possible that the signal is not actually being be transmitted on your input frequency but a complex mixing product occuring at your repeater site or for that matter another site. Take your repeater out of PL and let it retransmit all that it is hearing on it's input. Hopefully you will come up with some callsigns. These things can be a real bear to figure out. Good luck

RocketNJ

I would venture to guess it is not an IM mix due to several reasons. It sound like ducting where we are picking up a link radio from another system on 442.000. Maybe they have a high power link transmitter on a yagi pointed towards our repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.