Amateur Radio Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone done much buisness with this vendor? Am having a terrible time with them. The only communication they will partake in is email.

Joel
KF5UTJ

PACNWDude

Never heard of them. I would take the e-mail contact only as a problem though. They should have verifiable contact information that can't just be changed on a moments notice to be a respectable company.

Jeffn1snb

The company is Amateur Radio Supplies. His order was updated with in the order notes. Not sure if he was reading/checking the order notes. The antennas we sell are assembled to order, yes we were waiting for our shipment of a part that was to go with the order, (which the order notes stated that) In the end everything was solved and the order was shipped out the same day we received it from the manufacturer. Thank you Jeff n1snb

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
The company is Amateur Radio Supplies. His order was updated with in the order notes. Not sure if he was reading/checking the order notes. The antennas we sell are assembled to order, yes we were waiting for our shipment of a part that was to go with the order, (which the order notes stated that) In the end everything was solved and the order was shipped out the same day we received it from the manufacturer. Thank you Jeff n1snb

Jeff I thought that W8AMZ built these, In your advertisements it clearly shows that W8AMZ sticker on the main component????

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
It's unlikely that W8AMZ is building much of anything, as he's a silent key.

W8AMZ Home

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
It's unlikely that W8AMZ is building much of anything, as he's a silent key.

W8AMZ Home

Yes, but there is someone else (partner?) who is running the show now, from what I read on their home page. When I found your page, you had video that I understood you were selling their product. I bought from you because It seemed you were a distributior of their product. If this is a misunderstanding on my part, then are you building them yourself to the same standards?

Joel

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber

I tried to check my account on your site but each time I try to log in, it says email address. Not recognized, or something to that effect.

I have never conducted business with a company that didn't have direct communication for customers via phone call. To me, I see that as red star cluster (not good). Why would a business not want to make sure it's customer has RELIABLE customer service???

Joel

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I tried to check my account on your site but each time I try to log in, it says email address. Not recognized, or something to that effect.

I have never conducted business with a company that didn't have direct communication for customers via phone call. To me, I see that as red star cluster (not good). Why would a business not want to make sure it's customer has RELIABLE customer service???

Joel

Vote with your wallet! I've never dealt with this company, but if you don't like this transaction take this as a learning experience and don't do business with them again.

I purchased something from this sites main advertiser one time, they screwed up my shipping (I paid for 2nd day and they shipped it to the wrong address, so I got it 5 days later). They offered no refund, compensation or anything even after admitting they were at fault. This was in 2004 and I've ordered nothing from them since. Is this hurting them? Probably not...but I feel better.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
Vote with your wallet! I've never dealt with this company, but if you don't like this transaction take this as a learning experience and don't do business with them again.

I purchased something from this sites main advertiser one time, they screwed up my shipping (I paid for 2nd day and they shipped it to the wrong address, so I got it 5 days later). They offered no refund, compensation or anything even after admitting they were at fault. This was in 2004 and I've ordered nothing from them since. Is this hurting them? Probably not...but I feel better.

Every dissatisfied customer who belongs to a club has many potential customers, that when they hear your story will remember what you told them!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Every dissatisfied customer who belongs to a club has many potential customers, that when they hear your story will remember what you told them!

Agreed, word of mouth works quite well.

05WideGuy

Premium Subscriber
You do know you could have driven over to the Ham Radio Outlet and probably picked up what you wanted.

Correct, and HRO has the best customer service around; but they didn't carry the G5RV Jr that I wanted. ARS is the only one I foun that distributed the brand. I will not write ARS off right yet as this the first time I did business them. I am planning on purchasing an antenna tuner...will they improve, I hope so! But as long as they keep the email only policy I can not deal with them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.