Amateur Repeaters in the database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Looking at the listings for Maryland, I see a number of errors, which I'd like to submit a ticket to correct. But before I do that, what is the policy regarding where the repeater listing should exist? Should the repeater be listed in the county (or counties, in the case of a multi-county site system) that houses the Control Point(s) (CP)? Are you working from an aspect of coverage?

There are a few duplicate listings for services that would make a newcomer think there was more than one repeater. These are services/activities like Skywarn, ARES or RACES - an example would be 147.03 for the Baltimore Radio Amateur TV Society - while it has 2 listings for Skywarn. To me, these 'service' listings ought to be dropped - a repeater may still be on the air and no longer participating in a particular service, so it's misleading.

And it's also a bit misleading to say that a repeater is 'statewide' - while there are some that cover large amounts of territory (K3HT's system is a case in point - it has several receive sites, a new one just opened in the Annapolis area), most repeaters are not 'statewide'. Shouldn't this reflect the county that houses the CP?

Oh by the way, the spelling is 'amateur' not 'ameteur'... best regards..Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I see at least some of this was answered in another thread...but it does not address the duplication of listings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.