Amateur Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5JMC

A couple years ago I thought there were several repeaters listed for pulaski county. What happened to all of them?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
A couple years ago I thought there were several repeaters listed for pulaski county. What happened to all of them?

Check here...looks like a couple dozen or more are listed on that directory (not sure what band you're wanting):

Pulaski County amateur radio repeaters

Hope that helps.

PS: I haven't looked but maybe the listings here on RR are gone, not sure.

Last edited:

poppafred

"Amateur Radio" has its own tab at the top of each database page.

Apparently, no one has bothered to submit the frequencies for them and they slowly faded out of the RR system.

If you start with the "Frequency Database" and drill down, there is a tab at the top of each page for "Amateur Radio". If you know of a repeater in a given area and it is still operational, submit it with all the info and it will return to the listings.

jim202

The problem with many ham repeaters around the country is that the available databases are not current. You will find many repeaters listed, but the tone required to open them up is missing or is wrong.

I frequently travel around the country and have found this to be my largest problem trying to use the ham repeaters in the region I am in. I will spend hours going through all the databases I can find and set my radios up for those channels. Then when I get there, many of those on the databases are not even there or have no activity, or can't be keyed up.

A prime case is there are some 10 repeaters listed for the region around Jackson, MS. Out of all of those, think there were only 3 that could be keyed and 2 had any activity on them.

How can you expect people traveling through to be able to use those local repeaters if the information about them is wrong?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Which is why the ARRL repeater directory is a good investment...

Not when the ARRL gets their data directly from the frequency coordinators or other sources that don't keep their own data updated.

I have wondered about the ARRL directory and its accuracy before...I wasn't sure where they got their information and if it was anymore accurate than, say, RepeaterBook.com, which has become my favorite source so far (if someone knows of a better one please advise).

I have found repeater book to be the best so far ! pretty accurate information , they have apps for iOS and Android, really awesome location based directory, it's a thousand times easier to find nearby repeaters then ARRL repeater directory

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have found repeater book to be the best so far ! pretty accurate information , they have apps for iOS and Android, really awesome location based directory, it's a thousand times easier to find nearby repeaters then ARRL repeater directory

Repeaterbook accuracy is dependant on the data users submit. Garret uses coordination groups data as a starting point. Once up, it is the users that make and keep it accurate. For instance, Alberta DB is almost bang on, as the Alberta admins know what they are doing, and have a good handle on what is happening in the province.

So the more users in a given state/province the better the data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repeaterbook accuracy is dependant on the data users submit. Garret uses coordination groups data as a starting point. Once up, it is the users that make and keep it accurate. For instance, Alberta DB is almost bang on, as the Alberta admins know what they are doing, and have a good handle on what is happening in the province.

So the more users in a given state/province the better the data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you're exactly right!! the nice thing is it easy to update

Status
Not open for further replies.