Amature radio abuse

listenout

Anyone monitor abuse on ham bands, in my corner of the world it’s a problem,
gb3yw 145.7875 is a near silent repeater due to abuse, I can hear this one from the coast on my mast stick, ide be interested in any experience you might have had,

Edelweiss

Author of: Scanning the UK Airbands with the Beast
In my area it is G6DTW who's keeping the 2m call channel busy his drunken or meds induced monologues... at any time of the day or night. Unbearable...

G7RUX

In my area it is G6DTW who's keeping the 2m call channel busy his drunken or meds induced monologues... at any time of the day or night. Unbearable...
You must be closer to me than I thought.

Golay

I know I'm in the US so it may be none of my business. Just a suggestion that's been done over here and was effective.
Make audio recordings. Pass them along to his or her neighbors and the local authorities.
Our government here in the states has no authority to issue fines or levies. But what they can do is make the offender's life miserable.
Petty traffic violations. Petty building code violations. That sort of thing. I know of two miserable coots were put off the air that way.

G7RUX

I know I'm in the US so it may be none of my business. Just a suggestion that's been done over here and was effective.
Make audio recordings. Pass them along to his or her neighbors and the local authorities.
Our government here in the states has no authority to issue fines or levies. But what they can do is make the offender's life miserable.
Petty traffic violations. Petty building code violations. That sort of thing. I know of two miserable coots were put off the air that way.
I won't go into details but this sort of approach is in no way appropriate, particularly in this situation.

Edelweiss

Author of: Scanning the UK Airbands with the Beast
Sorry to say that but I find ham radio has really gone downhill (sure there are exceptions) but when I tune into some repeaters or local nets I am really not much enticed to participate. Going towards CB-level in the 80s... Shame. Enjoyed being a club member once.

G7RUX

Sorry to say that but I find ham radio has really gone downhill (sure there are exceptions) but when I tune into some repeaters or local nets I am really not much enticed to participate. Going towards CB-level in the 80s... Shame. Enjoyed being a club member once.
This is the case in many areas but please bear in mind that some things that sound unusual aren't actually abuse of the radio but a symptom of something else going on.