Amazing find about noaa / kcmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Did some serving on the internet & found this article about NOAA out of KCMO pertaining to frequency # 's

Additional Notes and System Information[edit]

This is a large P25 digital radio communications network that encompasses most of the Kansas City Metropolitan area. Due to the simulcast nature of this system, simulcast digital distortion (or "choppy reception") has been a huge problem for many scanner users (especially for those of us who live in outlying or poor coverage areas). Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done to improve reception besides swapping out antennas (portable 800 MHz scanner antennas have okay results), or try moving your unit to a different location. The distortion issue seems to be more frequent in the GRE/Radio Shack units as opposed to the Uniden models. WOW !, that answers my question about poor or no reception in my location.

joeuser

The Wretched
I recall explaining this to a member of these forums that was asking me if a new scanner would improve his reception of the KSICS network. Your antenna is just as important as your receiver.

SCPD

QRT
That may be true about the antenna. I have a pro 106 and changed the antenna to a 800MHz antenna & don't get hardly any reception if any.
I am in that bad area like the statement say's.

joeuser

The Wretched
That may be true about the antenna. I have a pro 106 and changed the antenna to a 800MHz antenna & don't get hardly any reception if any.
I am in that bad area like the statement say's.

Sure, but if you were able to get more elevation on that same antenna, don't you think your reception would improve?

SCPD

QRT
I see that you live in North Central Ks, do you receive NOAA out of KCMO good ? if so how hi is your antenna ?

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Look back at some of the other posts by this OP- you aren't the first who has tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.