Amazing sensitivity - 536 - Great job Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I've had my 536HP for two days now. Without a doubt, this scanner has THE BEST reception/sensitivity I have seen by far! Absolutely outstanding.

I currently live on the bottom floor of a tightly clustered apartment complex. There's a ton of RF Noise and overall poor scanning conditions. Prior to this scanner I was using a RS PRO106 and RS PRO197 with ok results.

I've tried numerous antenna configurations in the past and no matter what I did I could only reliably receive my county's system and the closest neighboring county's system. For those familiar with Wisconsin, I live in Hales Corners. In the past, I could pick up Milwaukee County 800MHz, Waukesha County 800MHz, and the two Greenfield WISCOM sites. I could occasionally pull in conventional VHF from other counties, but not consistently.

Now that I have the BCD536HP my reach has dramatically extended. I am now receiving the Washington County VHF trunked P25 system to the north and Walworth, Racine, and Kenosha County's conventional VHF/800MHz systems to the south, all very well. I can also now hear the Wisconsin State Patrol Post from Waukesha and two more WISCOM sites in Delafield and Downtown Milwaukee. I also added another NOAA broadcast which I couldn't receive before. I'm just amazed.

To boot, P25 transmissions sound great. I don't have any simulcast systems around here to play with, but straight non-simulcast P25 sounds excellent.

Great job Uniden. I'm glad I decided to order the 536 and I can't wait until my 436 arrives next week.

If only you guys could make nice with Harris and allow me to monitor the City of Milwaukee I'd be all set! One can dream!!

Very happy customer,

Josh

Randdon

I was in a hotel room last night and pulled it out of the box, plugged it in and turned the 536 on and with the stock antenna, sitting by Pearson Airport in Toronto Ontario, Canada I was picking up Buffalo police and other services, Rochester Police, State Police and I was on the north side of the building facing away from the States! I was really impressed! Can't wait until I get home tonight and set it up for where I live and see all the services I will get!

Status
Not open for further replies.