Amazon Echo Broadcastify Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1ti

Feed Provider
I searched through the forums but didn't see much discussion on the topic regarding a direct skill to listen to Broadcastify. I have had some success in listening to the Tunein rebroadcasts but have found it to be unreliable and frequently disconnects.

Has anyone considered developing a custom skill to work direct with Broadcastify?

i have an Echo DOT in every room...very convenient. Sometimes too convenient as I find myself shouting Alexa's name driving down the road in my car!

Happy Holidays,

Tim, N1TI

bkantor

Tim,
I also have a Dot in every room and am LMAO re: your comment about shouting Alexa's name in my car (and at work!!). I have yet to get Tune In to work reliably as well.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I tried the TuneIn rebroadcasts of many scanner feeds. All failed. It would be a nifty addition at some point if it did work. I have one Echo, no Dots (yet). :D

bharvey2

"I have an Echo DOT in every room...very convenient. Sometimes too convenient as I find myself shouting Alexa's name driving down the road in my car!"

That is scary. The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned this is HAL from 2001 A Space Odyssey

"Alexa, stop the car!"

"I'm sorry Dave (or in your case, Tim) I can't do that....."

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
2018 & still nothing for echo or google devices ? even if it was just for premium members ,.. it seems like its something that should have been done :(

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
I can't wait for a Broadcastify skill. I am a stream provider and it would be so awesome to be able to bring up my own stream with a quick shout out to a device. I tried to develop my own, got the basic functionality working but only with a test stream I hosted, the Alexa audio stream library only streams HTTPS and the actual feeds are only HTTP for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.