Amazon Lightning deal on Sat 12-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure why it happened. It came from the Kentucky Amazon warehouse. I made sure I was home when it was delivered today so it didn't matter. I live in an apartment and I didn't want it sitting outside my door (and that's before I knew everyone would know what it was!).

sprite1741

On my latest orders I was asked to provide feedback on how well it was packaged for shipping. I wonder if yours was some kind of error. At least it made it ok.

fibrofog

Premium Subscriber
Mine also came with a shipping label on the scanner box! Luckily I was home! But checking Amazon's site it says, "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page."

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
I obviously missed that option haha. I'm happy with the deal and can't complain too much. Now to remember how to use Sentinel!

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
Quick question on that Amazon lightning sale. Was Amazon direct selling on sale or was it various resellers? The reason I ask is, I cannot find a time when Amazon direct sold those units so low.
Thanks

BigC801

I just got mine. Came with a shipping sticker right on the outside of the box the scanner comes in.

Mine came the same way, it was also missing the scanner inside. I not sure why amazon would ship something in the display box.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Mine arrived with the Uniden box inside a larger shipping box with Amazon Prime tape. I did not select any other options for packaging.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Mine arrived in a large Amazon box attached to a cardboard skid with stretch tape. The radio is packed in a display box.

The build date seems to be from a year ago, at least the software load is 1.09.02 I have updated software and database with Sentinel.

What version did others get?

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Mine arrived in a large Amazon box attached to a cardboard skid with stretch tape. The radio is packed in a display box.

The build date seems to be from a year ago, at least the software load is 1.09.02 I have updated software and database with Sentinel.

What version did others get?
Same here. I was listening to my local talkgroups with the telescopic antenna and the reception was actually very good. I was extremely surprised. Today, I'm going to try to hook it up in the truck. That's why I bought it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

I am amazed at the sensitivity, The P25 sounds pretty good. I need to move it to the location and antenna it will be using to see how the simulcast works out, the system here when analog had some nulls at my house.

SquierStrat

amazon prime shipping is insane.. I ordered my 436HP on a saturday and had it monday morning. I have 2 55 pound boxes coming today.. Musiciansfriend.com wanted hundreds of dollars to ship them 2 day air, amazon prime did it for free

MtnScanner

I missed the option for a box as well. lol But it arrived in one piece and it's working, sounds great too.

Thanks again Sprite for the info.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
mine can in today shipped from middle Tn in a separate box and it is a 6800 series serial number
How can one tell which serial numbers are the "already been fixed" units? I remember coming across something that said but I can't remember

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If I remember the 6800's were built in 2016 which is newer than my 536 #1 that is a 4800's that has never had a problem my 436 is also 4800's which I think both were built in 2014. I have only run the backlight on low on the 536 436.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Still do not have it. Trenton NJ (left 17th) > Creedmore, NC > Raleigh NC > Norfolk, VA > Local post office in Va. Beach, but not mine. They swear tomorrow.

Only the USPS can efficiently be inefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.