Amazon Lightning deal on Sat 12-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber
Y'all don't even know how mad I am that I missed this deal... I've been waiting over a year to get a deal on a new 536. Guess I'll keep looking. Congrats to the one's that got lucky enough to get one.

kimbertown

Mine arrived today (Saturdays Lightening Sale). It is thawing out right now. It came boxed in an Amazon box and was packed loosely with air pillow packs. I'll check after thawing to see what the serial number range is.

RFI-EMI-GUY

If I remember the 6800's were built in 2016 which is newer than my 536 #1 that is a 4800's that has never had a problem my 436 is also 4800's which I think both were built in 2014. I have only run the backlight on low on the 536 436.

Is it possible to have a 6800 build unit that has a firmware of 1.09.02 that appeared to be loaded on the SD card with an October 2015 date and yet it be a 2016 build date?

sprite1741

Is it possible to have a 6800 build unit that has a firmware of 1.09.02 that appeared to be loaded on the SD card with an October 2015 date and yet it be a 2016 build date?

My bcd436hp came like that. I had to question that one too.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Why couldn't it? Who knows how many cards they have made up in advanced with then current firmware and databases. I would think it could be a good possibility.

mciupa

My lightning deal hasn't even been shipped yet :-(

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Same with me. (I'm also in Canada)
Don't be surprised if International orders aren't shipped out until Friday.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Y'all don't even know how mad I am that I missed this deal... I've been waiting over a year to get a deal on a new 536. Guess I'll keep looking. Congrats to the one's that got lucky enough to get one.
In the last month, Amazon has done Lightning deals on the 436HP, the BCD325P2, and now the 536HP. I've started checking upcoming deals daily, to see if any more show up. You can see current deals, and upcoming for the next day or so, then if you spot one, select "Watch This Deal".

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Yes ditto here. Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting one forever but finally dropped the dime on this deal. Ordered Sat with two day shipping and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived Monday.

In box with cardboard insert and shrink wrapped really well to it and that to box.
Have ran it in car and home and love it to death. Works fantastically and no complaints at all. 6800 on serial with the 1.09.02 firmware. Updated fine to latest, ordered and installed a new 32gb SD card and it works great too. Got the DMR upgrade and installed it as well with no problems.

Really good radio as is the 436 but this one I can see much easier.

Now for a 996p2 and TRX 2. You see a deal on them let me know. :)

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
Now for a 996p2 and TRX 2. You see a deal on them let me know. :)

Amazon has the 996P2 right now for $349, plus the supplier eats the sales tax and it qualifies for Prime 2-day shipping. That's $10 less than I just paid for mine on Tuesday. The downside: it's back-ordered until Dec. 28 (next Wednesday.) If you play your cards right, you could potentially jump right on it and have it arrive next Friday.

Hope this helps. :)

kimbertown

Amazon Lightning Deal BCD536HP . . . Follow-Up

My 536 finally thawed out from shipping. While thawing I formatted a High Endurance SD card, loaded the latest data base (Sentinel) , loaded the latest firmware, loaded my favorites lists. Swapped out the SD card that came with the unit with the one I just set-up, added antenna and plugged it in. Turned on, set clock and unit updated firmware from SD card and scanning began.

What a difference from the old days of scanning. Set-Up on SD card took less than five minutes since Sentinel already had Favorite Lists from my 436.

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
Amazon Lightning Deal BCD536HP . . . Follow-Up

My 536 finally thawed out from shipping. While thawing I formatted a High Endurance SD card, loaded the latest data base (Sentinel) , loaded the latest firmware, loaded my favorites lists. Swapped out the SD card that came with the unit with the one I just set-up, added antenna and plugged it in. Turned on, set clock and unit updated firmware from SD card and scanning began.

What a difference from the old days of scanning. Set-Up on SD card took less than five minutes since Sentinel already had Favorite Lists from my 436.

I am nothing short of amazed at how fast today's scanners can be set up. Just got my 996P2 yesterday, and had it set up, firmware updated and profile transferred in well under 5 minutes. I'd hate to tell you how long it took me to finally get my old 246T set up (of course, part of that was the learning curve of dynamic memory, tones, etc., but still...) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.